• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Proudiddy

The Pelicans have taken the best young player in the NBA and built a treadmilling 9 seed around him with no flexibility. Say what you want about the Hornets spending money, but at least our splurge made all-NBA and got us into the playoffs and most importantly didn't handcuff us from moving even more pieces this season. Even if Holiday stays healthy, what is the ceiling for that team? That division is absolutely brutal now nevermind the entire West.

And what fascinates teams about Asik so much? How does he send the Pelicans to the next level?

This is Morey's power play for Melo or LBJ (or both.) Only a matter of time before Lin gets moved. This has got to worry Chicago, because IMO their only pitch to Melo now is they have a much easier road in the East.

This is why I love this time of year. The draft is going to be crazy.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11135060/dallas-mavericks-acquire-tyson-chandler-raymond-felton-new-york-knicks

The Mavericks, who immediately made reacquiring Chandler one of their priorities after their first-round playoff exit against San Antonio, completed a trade with the Knicks that was clinched by agreeing to take back the contract of New York's out-of-favor guard Raymond Felton as well.

The trade cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and the 34th and 51st picks in Thursday's draft.

The Pelicans have taken the best young player in the NBA and built a treadmilling 9 seed around him with no flexibility. Say what you want about the Hornets spending money, but at least our splurge made all-NBA and got us into the playoffs and most importantly didn't handcuff us from moving even more pieces this season. Even if Holiday stays healthy, what is the ceiling for that team? That division is absolutely brutal now nevermind the entire West.

And what fascinates teams about Asik so much? How does he send the Pelicans to the next level?

Can't believe PD left it out, but this is Morey's power play for Melo or LBJ (or both.) Only a matter of time before Lin gets moved.

This is why I love this time of year. The draft is going to be crazy.

Good points CB...

As far as our spending, I didn't have an issue with it.  I didn't really prefer to spend big last offseason, but Big Al filled a long-neglected need, and he didn't break the bank either.  It was a perfect fit, and I was excited that we finally lured a big-name FA here, and at that, for a bargain of a contract (both in salary and length).  Big Al was the perfect move from any perspective you want to look at it from.

As far as the Morey/Rockets/Melo/LBJ stuff, I didn't post it here because I just created the thread, but I actually did mention that exact scenario a couple of hours ago in the "LeBron Opts Out" thread.

I heard on the radio earlier in the day that the Rockets are actually looking to move Harden and Lin )in addition to the now traded Asik), to clear room for LeBron and leverage Melo from NY.  If you're the Knicks and you're going to lose Melo anyway, I'd be ecstatic to walk away with Harden.

And just my two cents, but if they are going for Melo and LBJ, I'm pretty sure that means Parsons is gone as well.

Good points CB...

As far as our spending, I didn't have an issue with it.  I didn't really prefer to spend big last offseason, but Big Al filled a long-neglected need, and he didn't break the bank either.  It was a perfect fit, and I was excited that we finally lured a big-name FA here, and at that, for a bargain of a contract (both in salary and length).  Big Al was the perfect move from any perspective you want to look at it from.

As far as the Morey/Rockets/Melo/LBJ stuff, I didn't post it here because I just created the thread, but I actually did mention that exact scenario a couple of hours ago in the "LeBron Opts Out" thread.

I heard on the radio earlier in the day that the Rockets are actually looking to move Harden and Lin )in addition to the now traded Asik), to clear room for LeBron and leverage Melo from NY.  If you're the Knicks and you're going to lose Melo anyway, I'd be ecstatic to walk away with Harden.

And just my two cents, but if they are going for Melo and LBJ, I'm pretty sure that means Parsons is gone as well.

S & T Harden for Melo and send Lin over in a salary dump (maybe that's what Phil set up for this afternoon) along with some picks...

Beverly

FA (Parsons was making just short of 1M, he could have been in this spot)

LeBron

Melo

Howard

They also have a much younger bench which is at the very least as deep as the Heat's was.

Insane that even after all that, it might not even be the best team in the West.

I think we should go get luol Deng now. It would really make us solid

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I love Deng, but I think he ends up in Dallas or especially LA. LA will be the loser this offseason and probably a bad team again next year. Won't be getting Melo or James imo. They'll have to spend some money to keep their fans happy and Deng is the guy.

I wish we have a chance to get both Deng and Lance. Imagine how great our defense would be. But, realistically maybe we could land Lance + Parson.

PG: Kemba Walker / Gary Neal / FA

SG: Lance Stephenson / P.J. Hairston / Gerald Henderson

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Chandler Parson / Jeff Taylor

PF: Noah Vonleh / Cody Zeller

C: Al Jefferson / Bismack Biyombo

Archived