• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014/15 Bundesliga Thread

Goondal

I just mean 26 minutes is a long time to not be able to get at least one goal. But yea, we could see a mass departure if they get relegated.

Yeah, they really looked asleep for most of the game.  Had some opportunities near the end and one they probably should have scored but they headed right at the keeper.

Dortmund may be figuring things out. Feel behind in the first minute while hosting Mainz, then dominated the first half but still down 1-0 at the half. Scored two quickly in the second and almost immediately gave up an equalizer. Still managed to put two more home.

That was the type of match where they have given away points all season but they now have seven fields in two games.

I do want to see them relegated but if they had to pick things up doing so just before UCL returns is the best way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

What could have been a big weekend eventually led to no movement in the race for the Champions/Europa spots during Matchday 22

-#3 Gladbach converted on a corner in the final seconds for a 1-1 draw at Hamburger

-#4 Schalke and #8 Werder Bremen drew 1-1.  It broke Werder Bremen's five match winning streak, but they still have sixteen points in six matches after sitting at the bottom of the table after Matchday 16 when they had earned only fourteen points

-#5 Augsburg and #6 Leverkusen also drew 1-1 and remained in the two Europa slots

-#7 Hoffenheim turned out to be the losers of the weekend.  They also earned a point, but it came against #16 Freiburg.  Really blew a chance to make up some ground on the competition.

Gladbach remains third, only one point ahead of both Schalke and Augsburg.  Leverkusen remains two points behind Schalke for a Champions slot but only three points clear of Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen for the final Europa slot.

Meanwhile, Dortmund continued their winning ways, taking their third consecutive victory.  It was 3-2 against dead last Stuttgart and one of the others came against #16 Freiburg so it is not as if they are beating world beaters but they do have some breathing room over the relegation slots now and have won three straight ahead of their UCL match-up this week.  Dortmund is now tied for eleventh, although they remain eight points away from even an Europa slot.

• 2 weeks later...

The third round of DFB Pokal were this week, here are the results

*denotes second division team, **denotes third division team, ***denotes regional representative

Bayer Leverkusen 2

*1. FC Kaiserslautern 0

*VfR Aalen 0

1899 Hoffenheim 2

SC Freiburg 2

1. FC Koln 1

**Dynamo Dresden 0

Borussia Dortmund 2

**RB Leipzig 0

VfL Wolfsburg 2

**Arminia Bielefeld 3

Werder Bremen 1

***Kickers Offenbach 0

Borussia Monchengladbach 2

Bayern München 2

*Eintracht Braunschweig 0

-Seven of the eight match-ups featured a first division team against a team from a lower division.  Six of those finished 2-0 in favor of the first division squad (Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Gladbach, and Hoffenheim)

-Third division Arminia Bielefeld defeated Werder Bremen 3-1

-Freiburg defeated Koln in the only match-up between first division teams

The Quarterfinal Draw will be help this Sunday with games being held April 7-8.  The top four teams in the Bundesliga (Bayern, Wolfsburg, Gladbach, and Leverkusen) as well as the teams currently seventh (Hoffenheim), tenth (Dortmund), and seventeenth (Freiburg) will be in the draw.  Arminia Bielefeld currently sit atop the third division with a nice nine point cushion in their quest for promotion.

I just started working for the new Bayern Munich office in NYC on the side and one of the first things they have asked me to do is create an official Bayern fan club in Charlotte. I now have an official Bayern Munich fan club and a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/fcbcharlotte). I am working with OMB and Waldhorn to arrange a viewing parties for the club. If any of you guys are interested in joining the fan club please fill out the form here and I will send you an invite directly from Bayern. Joining is free and there are some cool perks like discounts on gear, access to the NYC office, free prizes and the only way to buy game tickets. Tell any friends that may be interested as well. 

On a Panther related note, Graham Gano is a Bayern fan and interested in the fan club as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived