• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason Campbell, Jake Delhomme and the Panthers future at QB

BlindSite

Jake hasn't showed me enough that he even has 1 year left in him much less 2 or 3.

While he may be getting up there in age he also wasn't starting for quite some time which really can extend someone's career. His throws tonight were some of the best I've seen from him since his TJ surgery.

It's good you pointed out that Buress was in New York in 05, because big ben was a rookie in 04. Check your facts before you correct someone ;)

Trust me, as a fan of the Steelers, it wasn't Plax or Hines that makes Ben good.

I tend to agree, I'm one of his biggest defenders and supporters, but his career is drawing to a close.

Yeah, I mean...he was on one of the best offensive teams in the league talent wise last year, yet he stunk up about half of the year. That's why it is incredibly laughable to me someone can say he'll magically turn it around this year and be able to continue it for another 2-3 years even after people have been reporting that he still hasn't looked so good in camp and after the 1st preaseason game stinker. He was OK today though, just a normal average day, but we all know he is very inconsistant.

While he may be getting up there in age he also wasn't starting for quite some time which really can extend someone's career. His throws tonight were some of the best I've seen from him since his TJ surgery.

I agree about tonight. Not only did his throws look good, but he did a really good job of feeling the pressure and still making a good pass. Also, I remember one play where he took a hit like a champ and made a pretty good pass that was dropped.

For not having Smitty or Moose, Jake looked very good in the pocket tonight.

I agree about tonight. Not only did his throws look good, but he did a really good job of feeling the pressure and still making a good pass. Also, I remember one play where he took a hit like a champ and made a pretty good pass that was dropped.

For not having Smitty or Moose, Jake looked very good in the pocket tonight.

Hell he was 5-7, and that was with the dropped pass from Barnidge. That and the throws were dead on the money, he's never been that accurate.

I always have doubts about picking someone up that some other team thinks about benching or releasing altogether.

For me, Campbell isn't that big of an upgrade in potential ability and a likely downgrade in leadership.

He's been a captain of his football and basketball team in college and has lead the redskins for two years. He's not a bad leader by any stretch.

It's also extremely common for a QB to be released or traded regardless of how good they are when there's a coaching change.

Kansas City, Atlanta, Tampa, Denver, Miami, New York, Cleveland all went through this in recent times.

He's been a captain of his football and basketball team in college and has lead the redskins for two years. He's not a bad leader by any stretch.

It's also extremely common for a QB to be released or traded regardless of how good they are when there's a coaching change.

Kansas City, Atlanta, Tampa, Denver, Miami, New York, Cleveland all went through this in recent times.

The Chiefs, Falcons, Bucs, Dolphins and Jets all desperately needed QB's though...

Archived