• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015/16 Bundesliga Thread

Goondal

I think of I were another team I would rather be up against Bayern than both Barca and Real.  I think Atletico is the only other team to beat Barca in over a decade.

For the foreseeable future, no one is winning Bundesliga but Bayern. I mean, they won by like 20-something points a few years back. And this season, in something of a "down year" for them, they still won the league by 10 points. At least in La Liga we might see a race between Madrid and Barca go down to the wire.

For the foreseeable future, no one is winning Bundesliga but Bayern. I mean, they won by like 20-something points a few years back. And this season, in something of a "down year" for them, they still won the league by 10 points. At least in La Liga we might see a race between Madrid and Barca go down to the wire.

two years ago they started out with 25 wins and 2 draws in their first 27 games and clinched the league after their 27th game. after that they got lazy and stopped caring and went 4-1-2 in their last 7. won the league by a whopping 19 points.

I understand that, but my point was I would rather be a fan of a German team not named Bayern than a Spanish team not named Barca or Real.   Fans of a team other than Bayern have a better chance of celebrating a title than fans of a team other than Barca and Real.  Their chances of earning a UCL spot are certainly increased and their chances of finishing top two are dramatically higher.

I understand that, but my point was I would rather be a fan of a German team not named Bayern than a Spanish team not named Barca or Real.   Fans of a team other than Bayern have a better chance of celebrating a title than fans of a team other than Barca and Real.  Their chances of earning a UCL spot are certainly increased and their chances of finishing top two are dramatically higher.

I don't disagree with that. But from the perspective of increasing global attraction to that league, Bayern is doing more harm than good. I do understand Bayern isn't in business to make sure Bundesliga is popular globally. They are in business to win and they are doing that.

Anyways, from my personal perspective, I like Bundesliga football. Play is exciting to watch and at any given time there is a ton of young talent to scout. From a more casual perspective, the league is just a battle for who can finish behind Bayern, and there is not much excitement in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...

Love that Fox Sports is going heavy on the Bundesliga this season. Hopefully I won't have to stream every Bayern match. 

Bayern starting 11 vs. HSV

Neuer, Benatia, Lewandowski, Robben, Costa, Alonso, Boateng, Lahm, Vidal, Muller, Alaba. 

I expect all of Bayern's games to be televised on FS1, FS2, or FSP.  GolTV showed all our games last season and they only had one channel at their disposal.

Archived