• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Fox era is almost over. Forget the Superbowl for 2 years.

PantherFanForLife

I stopped reading here.

change for the sake of change will get you nowhere. Not only that, but knocking one of the best kickers in the league and easily our most consistent player in franchise history...

I need to finish that sentence? No, probably not.

Well perhaps if you wouldn;t have stopped reading right there you wouldn;t have gotten the impression that I am saying we need change for the sake of change. Kasey was an example to point out the ideology of this team with sticking with the old over and over. Like I said nothing against Kasey.

We need change because we have a coach who ironically has not shown any ability to make changes when we need them. We need change because we do not have a premier QB. We need change because we do not have a 2nd let alone a third premier receiver. We need change because our passing game is pretty much non existent. We need change for a lot of reasons, none of which are simply for the sake of change.

So the teams play is evident of what?

What are they lacking? Why aren't they trying as hard?

Do we have poo players in reality, whereas most think we do have talent?

You think we have poo coaching or poo players, or both?

I saw a lot of football this weekend, and our appearance on the field was a rare sight in this weekends NFL.

This past weekend, they were lacking a lot of things. But with that said, there's no indication the players have lost faith in Fox, or in Delhomme for that matter.

We have problems, but lack of player faith in leadership is not one of them (at least not at this point).

Well perhaps if you wouldn;t have stopped reading right there you wouldn;t have gotten the impression that I am saying we need change for the sake of change. Kasey was an example to point out the ideology of this team with sticking with the old over and over. Like I said nothing against Kasey.

We need change because we have a coach who ironically has not shown any ability to make changes when we need them. We need change because we do not have a premier QB. We need change because we do not have a 2nd let alone a third premier receiver. We need change because our passing game is pretty much non existent. We need change for a lot of reasons, none of which are simply for the sake of change.

If it ain't broke, do-

nah screw that, there is no reason to replace or even talk down about Kasay. I didn't bother finishing this post either. I'm convinced you're batshit insane if you honestly think we should replace a top-notch kicker just because he's old, yet his age isn't affecting his play. Change for the sake of change tsk tsk...

and yes, it's spelled with an 'a'....pathetic.

This past weekend, they were lacking a lot of things. But with that said, there's no indication the players have lost faith in Fox, or in Delhomme for that matter.

We have problems, but lack of player faith in leadership is not one of them (at least not at this point).

IMO its a lack of leadership from both the coaches and the players that is hurting us. Wish we still had Sam Mills on the sidelines giving a speech or two during the game...

I do not agree with everything you said, but I do agree with one thing.

A lot of noise was made about trying to get a 'Steelers' model for the Panthers. Growing through the draft, being gutsy when vets hit that 'age' and rarely dipping into free agency to mortgage the team. I loved that idea as it always produces hungry players, players who grow into the scheme and have their strongest points enhanced.

Then we went and traded two consecutive years first round picks. That is kind of wanting to win now and not think of the future. Very UN-Steelers. We also signed Pep to the franchise tender which meant we were paying over the odds for him. Again very UN-Steelers. Sooner rather than later we actually need to have a long term plan in place, as at the moment it seems we are living more in the present and only focusing on our immediate needs.

We really really need to start having a system in place where we have young guys being groomed across the entire roster, espcially in the marquee positions. We really do need to find our QB of the future, unfortunately we are going to have to get lucky in the draft if we want him this coming year.

If it ain't broke, do-

nah screw that, there is no reason to replace or even talk down about Kasay. I didn't bother finishing this post either. I'm convinced you're batshit insane if you honestly think we should replace a top-notch kicker just because he's old, yet his age isn't affecting his play. Change for the sake of change tsk tsk...

and yes, it's spelled with an 'a'....pathetic.

You are missing a few brain cells aren't you?

If Fox is gone after the season......There will be a lot of experienced guys out there that could replace him. Of the following....Who would you want?

Mike Shannahan

Bill Cowher

John Gruden

Mike Holmgren

Herm Edwards

Brian Billick

Tony Dungy

Marty Schottenheimer

Cowher or Gruden because gruden at least knows you need a good QB!

Archived