• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Secret Life of Machines by Tim Hunkin

StepandFetch

The thread about the current TV shows that nobody knows about reminded me of this gem. It ran on TLC from around 1990 until 1996 and every episode detailed the history, development, and the genius behind the inner- workings of commonplace machines. It was very educational and informative.. it is sad to see this show and then to watch TLC in its current form. Clearly, ratings have taken hold over quality of content.

At one time, both TLC and the Discovery channel ran many great educational and scientific shows... Now watch TLC and you will see ten different versions of trading spaces... even much of the "educational" programming on Discovery Channel is so dumbed down these days it is difficult to watch.

I have included links (still can't embed) to my favorite episode and you really must check it out.... can you imagine TLC, of all channels, once aired programming of this quality? These days, the only scientific and educational programming that isn't mind numbing is on PBS/ UNC-TV besides Planet Earth and a few other exceptions

All of the episodes are easy to find on Youtube.

The Secret Life of Machines: The Washing Machine

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

enjoy and have a great weekend.

Archived