• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox will replace Delhomme, because...

House

With all of the nonsensical posts on here that just shout "FIRE FOX/DELHOMME", I figured I would present some logical reasons on why Fox will replace Delhomme and the reason he has waited so long.

I would be willing to bet that Fox would have replaced Delhomme a couple of games ago if it wasn't for the fact that the entire team sucked. Our D was not playing well until after the bye and our running game has started to click the last 2 games. Yes, I know that both of the teams that we ran well on suck but confidence counts for a lot.

Now that our D is playing well and the run game is clicking, you can start a more inexperienced QB and not worry so much about him winning or losing the game or about him placing too much on his own shoulders. Which I think is Delhomme's problem. He feels, correctly, that he is losing games for us and he is pushing too hard and overthinking, which leads to even more mistakes.

The last reason I think Fox will start Moore and the main reason he has held out so long, is that Moore is his ace in the hole. IF Moore does come in and plays well and we do win some games with him and he shows potential, then it gives Fox a reason to ask for more time from JR. If he would have started him after the bye when we were still not good as a team then it would have put too much on him and could have been disasterous. However, much as he did in '07, playing Moore at this point puts no pressure on him to WIN NOW because there is not a lot of hope left in the fan base. All he would have to do is play well and it could earn him a starting job and keep Fox employed next year.

Just my $.2. Take it as you will

Archived