• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeBron James

King Taharqa

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Carpanfan this list is different from yours and only looks at GW shots from the 03 season to the middle of the 09 season. At that point LeBron had more GW shots in that time period in the regular season and tied for most in the playoffs. They need to update their list thru this season though. My initial point still stands though, Kobe's repuation as a "clutch" shooter and LeBron's reputation as "folding up in the clutch" are bogus.

I thought you said Dirk and Melo had more game winners then Kobe and you were going to embarrass me with facts? You just proved yourself wrong. This is why you make it so easy. And since when do we judge a players accomplishments on a 6 year span or "era" which you like to call it? Kobe had another one last night too. It was in the last 28 seconds though, so it won't make your list of facts.

I thought you said Dirk and Melo had more game winners then Kobe and you were going to embarrass me with facts? You just proved yourself wrong. This is why you make it so easy. And since when do we judge a players accomplishments on a 6 year span or "era" which you like to call it? Kobe had another one last night too. It was in the last 28 seconds though, so it won't make your list of facts.

I thought you said LeBron folds up in the clutch. Since he's been in the league he's hit more game winners than Bean in the regular season and the playoffs and has the FG% to prove it. That shot last night doesnt count because it was not within the last 24 seconds. 56 FGAs to 1 assist ratio with 42 missed shot attempts is HORRIBLE!!! Im sure if 82games expanded to Kobe's entire career it would be even worse.

82 games list isn't Game winning shots, didn't you read that in my post? it's game winning and game tying shot attempts when down by 2 points or less with 24 seconds or less to go. Not game winning shots.

Since lebron came into the league he has 11 GW shots, (counting this season) they have him at 17.

Since Lebron joined the league Kobe has 17 GW shots compared to Lebron's 11. I've already said I thought Lebron is a better player, but don't use 82 games stats as GW shots, cause that's not what those stats are.

However I will say that Looking into it, Dirk's probably got more GW shots then kobe in the last 10 years. Dirk's probably got over 30 GW shots for his career.

I thought you said LeBron folds up in the clutch. Since he's been in the league he's hit more game winners than Bean in the regular season and the playoffs and has the FG% to prove it. That shot last night doesnt count because it was not within the last 24 seconds. 56 FGAs to 1 assist ratio with 42 missed shot attempts is HORRIBLE!!! Im sure if 82games expanded to Kobe's entire career it would be even worse.

Way to miss everything i said. You're a god when it comes to debating basketball. You being the mod in here is well deserved.

82 games list isn't Game winning shots, didn't you read that in my post? it's game winning and game tying shot attempts when down by 2 points or less with 24 seconds or less to go. Not game winning shots.

Since lebron came into the league he has 11 GW shots, (counting this season) they have him at 17.

Since Lebron joined the league Kobe has 17 GW shots compared to Lebron's 11. I've already said I thought Lebron is a better player, but don't use 82 games stats as GW shots, cause that's not what those stats are.

However I will say that Looking into it, Dirk's probably got more GW shots then kobe in the last 10 years. Dirk's probably got over 30 GW shots for his career.

Rep.

By Kobe fanatic logic that would make Dirk the better & more clutch player.:nonod:

Whichever list you look at doesnt change the fact Kobe's missed more game winning shots than anyone.

By Kobe fanatic logic that would make Dirk the better & more clutch player.:nonod:

Whichever list you look at doesnt change the fact Kobe's missed more game winning shots than anyone.

I would say that Kobe and Dirk are close to being on the same level, Clutch wise. I'd give an slight - moderate edge to Dirk ( he does have a better shooting percentage and has made as many GW shots if not a couple more then Kobe.) Kobe's the better overall player though, IMO.

Top 3 in the league, player wise is

Lebron

Kobe

Dirk or Wade. You could probably put Durant in this bunch as well.

Meh, Kobe is still a Charlotte Hornet by heart.

That being said, MVP is thrown around like a bout of unnecessary genital explosion.

If we are talking about players that are most valuable to their teams, I'd say the winner belongs to that 6th man that ultimately makes the difference.

L.A. had their city revived because we obliged...I would say something to sound otherwise but it is LA....enjoy the basketball player....I will feel nourished when my team HASN'T bought the easiest FA grab since...who knows...

That being said, at least I can sleep well at night knowing I cheer for worthy components....

c4c6867161348a598353f52dc48de9ff-getty-90299640_dlk004_cavs_v_rapt.jpg

Jim Brown wants LeBron to remain in Cleveland

CLEVELAND (AP)—The most famous football player in Cleveland history hopes the city’s most celebrated basketball star stays put.

Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown said Tuesday night that he hopes LeBron James remains with the Cavaliers.

James, the NBA’s reigning MVP, can leave Cleveland as a free agent after this season. He has never indicated he will sign elsewhere, but speculation has centered on him signing in a new, long-term contract in a larger market.

Brown, who played his entire NFL career in Cleveland, would like to see James do the same.

“Looking at the fact that it is a business, I put that first,” Brown said. “But having said that, I would love to see him be here. I think it’s a terrific marriage. He does so much for this city and I think he has an owner (Dan Gilbert) that tries to do everything he can. When you have an owner who is trying to do the best he can do and a player, it’s a terrific set of circumstances. But the business is the business.”

James and Brown met with the media before Tuesday night’s game against the Toronto Raptors. They were brought together as part of the Cavaliers’ celebration of black heritage month. Brown was honored during halftime ceremonies along with former Ohio State football star Cris Carter, Buckeyes basketball great Jim Jackson and former Cleveland Indians pitcher Jim “Mudcat” Grant.

James seemed genuinely awed to be in Brown’s company.

“Anytime you can be mentioned with a great and be able to continue the legacy he built here in Cleveland, is humbling for me,” James said. “We both know how much the fans love sports and I have had to learn to keep the momentum going after he passed the torch.”

Brown praised James for helping give opportunities to others and for making the most of the chances he has received.

“What Dr. King worked for was to give young men like him an opportunity and when you get an opportunity you can’t squander that,” Brown said. “You see that so much in the league now, young men that have great opportunities to make a lot of money and they squander it. But this young man hasn’t done that.

“Although he’s a young man, he’s way beyond his age.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lebron-jimbrown&prov=ap&type=lgns

bc6e5242d56a2443da489460cc93c10a-getty-90299640_dlk012_cavs_v_rapt.jpg

28 points, 9 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks for the King tonight in the Cavs win over the Raptors. King James & the Cavs will face Kobe & the LA Lakers on Thursday night in Cleveland in a rematch of their Christmas Day game. :cool:

id still take Kobe over Lebron any day. Kobe is a more pure shooter, and a much better defender. Sure Lebron might block shots to the upper deck, but when it comes to lock down Defense, Kobe can and will defend the opposing teams best players. Besides Kobe can score any way possible, through driving, shooting, lay ups, you name it. And he is a great free-throw shooter. Lebron can not shoot nearly as well as Kobe, and it seems as though Lebron scores 75% of his points by dunks.

id still take Kobe over Lebron any day. Kobe is a more pure shooter, and a much better defender. Sure Lebron might block shots to the upper deck, but when it comes to lock down Defense, Kobe can and will defend the opposing teams best players. Besides Kobe can score any way possible, through driving, shooting, lay ups, you name it. And he is a great free-throw shooter. Lebron can not shoot nearly as well as Kobe, and it seems as though Lebron scores 75% of his points by dunks.

This is why I'd take LeBron over Kobe, he doesnt depend on acrobatic fadeaway jumpshots for the majority of his scoring. He takes the ball to the rack which is why he's shooting over 50% from the field. Kobe has never shot over 50% ever in his career. High percentage shots in the paint are better than low percentage jumpshots. LeBron is also averaging more PPG than Kobe this season and for his career. Kobe is the better perimeter player, but I disagree he's a better defender as well. LeBron was runner up for DPOY last year and Cleveland's been the best defensive team in the league the past few years. Aside from FTs and perimeter scoring, there's nothing Kobe does better than LeBron. Nothing.

e563bdfffdf060732bb6147f690204ca-getty-90043311_adb023_cavs_v_lake.jpg

THEY CALL HIM KING

37 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds for King James tonight. Cavs rolled over Kobe & LA even without Mo Williams playing. The King put on amazing specatacle in the 4th quarter. Even rapping his theme song "Forever" after a timeout late in the game to get the crowd pumped. Jumper after jumper, LeBron took over this game in the 3rd & 4th quarter. There is no doubt in my mind who the MVP of this league is. #23 LeBron James.

Archived