• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeBron James

King Taharqa

i personally dislike lebron. whether it be confiscating tapes, refusing to shake hands or insulting a former president, this guy is just annoying and full of himself

i hope he never wins a championship

dwade is much more down to earth, and also carmelo is a funner player to watch imo

i personally dislike lebron. whether it be confiscating tapes, refusing to shake hands or insulting a former president, this guy is just annoying and full of himself

i hope he never wins a championship

dwade is much more down to earth, and also carmelo is a funner player to watch imo

I don't know what happened to him. He seemed like such a good guy, and then starting last year he started believing the hype, I guess. He was interviewed last night and he had the funky hat and shades on, and referred to himself in the third person. Sad.

b13609718adf8235827a83daf985277a-getty-.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—LeBron James didn’t storm off the court this time. Instead, he shook hands with teammates and anyone who offered, walking to the locker room slowly with an ever-so small grin.

He also departed Orlando with the most important thing this time: a win.

LeBron James scored 36 points, Shaquille O’Neal provided an inside presence and the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Orlando Magic 102-93 on Wednesday night in a rematch of the Eastern Conference finals.

Only this one had a different look.

O’Neal battled boos and bruises to score 10 points and keep Dwight Howard in foul trouble for most of the night, giving James and Co. all the inside strength they sorely lacked last season. Mo Williams added 28 points to help the Cavs take a 15-point halftime lead, go ahead by 20 after three quarters and roll to an easy victory.

“I think we just played with a sense of urgency,” James said. “We’re in attack mode. The whole game we put pressure on their defense. Shaq put pressure on (Howard). We were able to get him into some foul trouble.”

O’Neal did not speak with reporters after the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Av1sLeEj712apAL0X9.FuLe8vLYF?gid=2009111119&prov=ap

Hidden

b13609718adf8235827a83daf985277a-getty-.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—LeBron James didn’t storm off the court this time. Instead, he shook hands with teammates and anyone who offered, walking to the locker room slowly with an ever-so small grin.

He also departed Orlando with the most important thing this time: a win.

LeBron James scored 36 points, Shaquille O’Neal provided an inside presence and the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Orlando Magic 102-93 on Wednesday night in a rematch of the Eastern Conference finals.

Only this one had a different look.

O’Neal battled boos and bruises to score 10 points and keep Dwight Howard in foul trouble for most of the night, giving James and Co. all the inside strength they sorely lacked last season. Mo Williams added 28 points to help the Cavs take a 15-point halftime lead, go ahead by 20 after three quarters and roll to an easy victory.

“I think we just played with a sense of urgency,” James said. “We’re in attack mode. The whole game we put pressure on their defense. Shaq put pressure on (Howard). We were able to get him into some foul trouble.”

O’Neal did not speak with reporters after the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Av1sLeEj712apAL0X9.FuLe8vLYF?gid=2009111119&prov=ap

lebron-james-browns-1_med.jpg

CLEVELAND (AP)—LeBron James watched the Cleveland Browns get shut out by Baltimore on Monday night and came to one simple conclusion: He could help.

“If I put all my time and commitment into it, if I dedicated myself to the game of football, I could be really good,” the Cavaliers superstar said before facing the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday night. “No matter what team I was on.”

The Browns have one of the NFL’s most anemic offenses, a key problem during their 1-8 start. The NBA’s reigning MVP certainly couldn’t make things any worse.

James was an All-Ohio wide receiver at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School before quitting football after his junior year to focus on basketball. But he still follows the game closely and believes he could have been a hybrid tight end/receiver in the mold of San Diego’s Antonio Gates or Atlanta’s Tony Gonzalez.

Gates, who played basketball in college and not football, is listed at 6-foot-4 and 260 pounds. James is listed at 6-8 and 250 pounds.

“They’re not always lined up next to the tackle,” James said. “Sometimes they go against strong safeties and linebackers. It’s tough to match up with those guys because they’re so athletic.”

James filmed a commercial last year for an insurance company that depicted him in a No. 23 Browns jersey with “LeBron” stitched across the back.

He has no serious plans of returning to football, but said playing the two sports takes entirely different types of stamina.

“I’d be in football shape during football season, then I’d go to basketball and feel like I was out of shape,” he said. “It’s totally different. And another thing you have to get used to is getting hit again.”

Since James never went to college, it was mentioned he still may have eligibility remaining if he wanted to try playing college football. There is just the issue of the $90 million shoe contract James signed with Nike before ever playing a game in the NBA.

“What if I gave it all back?” he joked.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ao9AmGqAk5SJogEo3P.irhO8vLYF?slug=ap-lebronfootball&prov=ap&type=lgns

5aa8da092512ed02dff0434f25274983-getty-90040877_dlk008_cavs_v_warr.jpg

CLEVELAND (AP)—LeBron James had 31 points and 12 assists, (N.C. State alum) J.J. Hickson added a career-high 21 points and the Cleveland Cavaliers held off a gutsy effort by the short-handed Golden State Warriors, winning 114-108 on Tuesday night.

Hickson has flourished since entering the starting lineup, setting career highs in three consecutive games. Hickson is averaging 19.6 points over the stretch.

James scored 20 in the second half and finished with five rebounds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009111705&prov=ap

capt.75ef06b5f91c444cae8a464c00d343f6.warriors_cavaliers_basketball_ohmd102.jpg

large_eric-mangini529.jpg

Mangenius and Browns respond to King James

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - If LeBron James truly believes he can help the Cleveland Browns, coach Eric Mangini has an orange helmet waiting for him.

"I think he should come on down," Mangini said, smiling. "I know he's pretty busy right now, but if he wants to give it a shot, the guy is gifted. He's competitive and tough. I'm sure whatever he applied himself to, he'd probably be good in baseball or soccer or swimming"

The NBA superstar, who was an All-State wide receiver in high school, said Tuesday night that if he put the time and commitment into it, he could be a good football player. Mangini agreed, calling James "a freak athletically" and said the 6-foot-8, 260-pounder could be dangerous at tight end, wide receiver or even outside linebacker.

Quarterback Brady Quinn also heard about James' football fetish. He would love to have a target to throw to like James in the red zone.

"That'd be great," Quinn said. "Tell him to suit up and let us know, we'll get him working. Obviously he's an incredibly talented athlete. If he wants to try to play a little bit now, we'd be more than willing to pick him up."

Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers isn't convinced James, as great as he is, could step into the NFL and be able to handle the pounding.

"I heard that comment," Rogers said. "I have mixed emotions about that. A great athlete? Yes. A football player? No."

Rogers then looked into TV cameras.

"Yeah LeBron, I said it," he said. "It's a punishing game. I just don't think you can step off the basketball court after not going through this year in and year out and just play football. From that standpoint, I just don't think it's possible. You have to weather and condition your body to take this punishment."

So what if James had a year to train? Could he do it then?

"Yeah, he might make a heck of a tight end," Rogers said. "I'd like to see him out there running down the seam."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10388634/Browns-would-give-LeBron-a-shot,-if-he's-serious?GT1=39002

034755fc5713d11d9819c559c2571015-getty-90040924rh010_cavs_pacers.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Cleveland’s offense was stagnant, and the Indiana Pacers had turned a five-point halftime deficit into a five-point lead entering the fourth quarter.

The Cavaliers went back to their tried-and-true formula—LeBron, LeBron and more LeBron—and it got the usual result. James scored 10 of his season-high 40 points in the final 7:07, and Cleveland beat the Pacers 105-95 on Friday night.

“When you have a guy as talented as him, sometimes your best coaching on the offensive end of the floor is staying out of his way,” Cleveland coach Mike Brown said.

The Pacers’ poor shooting didn’t give them a chance to take advantage of Cleveland’s lapse in the early part of the final period. James didn’t play for nearly five minutes to start the quarter, yet the Cavaliers erased Indiana’s lead while he was out.

James sucked the life out of the Pacers and sent the crowd to the exits with a 3-pointer over Dahntay Jones as the shot clock expired that gave the Cavaliers a 101-94 lead with 53 seconds left.

“That was huge,” Cleveland forward J.J. Hickson said. “I always have confidence in his shot, but that kind of sealed the game for us.”

Jones, brought in as a free agent to be the team’s defensive stopper, had no answer for James all night.

“He had a good game, and that’s what great players do,” Jones said. “He shot the ball well, he made his teammates better. You got to tip your hat to him.”

James also had nine rebounds and seven assists for Cleveland (9-4).

Cleveland center Shaquille O’Neal missed his fourth straight game with a strained right shoulder. He did not travel with the team, and Brown didn’t give a timetable for his return.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009112011&prov=ap

capt.26364ca14ada4854ad30b6e731dec63a.cavaliers_bobcats_basketball_nccb102.jpg

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—LeBron James and the Cavaliers were already struggling with their rhythm in Shaquille O’Neal’s return from injury.

When Michael Jordan started giving Gerald Wallace pointers on how to play LeBron, Cleveland was doomed.

Listening intently to Jordan and attacking a foul-prone James, Wallace had 31 points and 14 rebounds, and the Charlotte Bobcats took advantage of the disjointed Cavaliers in a 94-87 victory on Friday night.

The surprising Bobcats won their third straight game following a seven-game losing streak behind Wallace, who beat James in numerous 1-on-1 matchups in the post—at the urging of the Bobcats managing partner sitting courtside.

“He’s rooting, but he also has his suggestions on how we should play,” Wallace said of Jordan. “He’s just like any other fan. He just happens to be Michael Jordan—and he’s also the boss.”

James scored 25 points, but Cleveland had its three-game winning streak snapped just as O’Neal returned after missing six games with a strained left shoulder.

Wallace had the better of James for much of the third quarter, hitting three 3-pointers and often scoring over James in the post. Wallace’s 3 with 7:42 left put Charlotte ahead 74-50.

“I mean Gerald was shooting like 14 percent from the 3-point line coming into the game,” James said. “We doubled up the right guy and he knocked two of them down. It really hurt us.”

Jordan was urging Wallace to post up James after he picked up three fouls in the first half. Wallace scored over James from the left block to make it 80-61.

“It’s not so much as an edge posting him up. It’s the situation he was put in,” Wallace said. “I think he had three, four fouls, so he’s going to be a little tentative then. It’s time to go at him and be aggressive. I think we did a great job of attacking him.”

James soon raised the intensity. He hit two quick 3s in a 19-5 run that cut the lead to 11 entering the fourth. But the Cavaliers had dug too big a hole from the first half.

A couple weeks after James suggested he and the rest of the NBA players wearing No. 23 should change to honor Jordan, the new Hall of Famer watched his team post its third straight strong performance—at LeBron’s expense.

“He told us to not let up on him and be aggressive, keep attacking LeBron,” Wallace said. “Fortunately, were able to get him into foul trouble.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Amb0rTk_vGFrbH_ZQzHINQ28vLYF?gid=2009112730&prov=ap

Archived