• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Season Recap and one fact we can all Agree on...

Diehardpanther02

There is quite the optimism around our Carolina Panthers despite a horrific start. Our MVP QB goes down and we still somehow manage to pull out of an 0-2 start to a solid 4-2 record with a statement game ahead of us next weekend to determine whether we are a contender or like so many teams in the NFC, a pretender.. We have found success on offense, and our defense is getting after the QB and getting it done. But there is alot of ball left to play.

A look at the questions ahead...

San Fran gets into an old fashioned slush bucket battle against the skins and their defense shows out. Is San Fran for real, or do they finally meet a contender next week? One thing is certain their defense is very good and hopefully Allen is ready to make decisions under fire and our defense can slow the run. That'll determine this one.

Our arch rival, the New Orleans Saints, has once again managed to pull off the W with ole Teddy two gloves at the helm. Sean Payton, as much as I hate the guy, has consistently found ways to fill the void and put his team in positions to win, but I think they can be BEAT. We will have to be very disciplined on D and pressure the poo out of their QB. But with Brees on the way back, they are between us and another divisional championship yet again with our Playoff hopes likely on the line for that one.

Then the dreaded Cam Newton and Kyle Allen debate that is looming in our future. Let's just say that I pray whatever decision is made leads to the immediate success of our team, but I hope we have learned by what we've seen with the offense and how it takes shape around Allen, and then use it with Cam in ways that they have with Allen. I believe Cam can make the throws we have seen from Kyle, only if he is afforded the time and the creativity in game planning from Norv and he is 100% game ready.

The wildcard is going to be tight and an 11-5 record may be enough to steal it away. Alot of football left to play. Only time will tell our fate this season.

Out of all the questions that have yet to be answered, no matter the opinion, one thing is certain my fantasy team sucks without Christian McCaffrey and Sundays just don't hit right without panthers football on the TV.

RUN CMC, RUNNNN!

Archived