• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense has found its swagger, but can they keep improving vs. NFL's top offense?

Sultan33g

The Panthers have defeated them the last seven years in Louisiana and swept the season series a year ago.

“I think they do a great job of getting after the passer,” Brees said of the Panthers front four. “They’ve kind of historically been that type of team and I think they do a great job of taking the ball away. I think you see what they do defensively in their scheme with the addition of Ron Meeks as the coordinator and then what John Fox brings, you see him doing a lot of different stuff.

“I think they like to change it up quite a bit. They don’t like to give you the same looks over and over again. They constantly challenge you and try to give you different looks. They’ve got some pretty good pressure packages as well.”

Lewis knows knocking off the NFC’s lone remaining unbeaten team won’t be easy.

After watching them on television Monday night against the Atlanta Falcons, he found himself in awe of their effectiveness.

“They’re like a machine,” Lewis said. “It’s always getting up to the line of scrimmage quick, getting the play called and getting the ball snapped. It’s a quick process. It’s like 15 seconds and they’re in and out of the huddle ready to go. They are very efficient on offense.”

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=238:defense-has-found-its-swagger-but-can-they-keep-improving-vs-nfls-top-offense&catid=1:articles

Archived