• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kobe Thread

Kevin Greene

Kobe gets benched late in the 4th by his coach in a home loss, and not a word from his legion of huggers. Theyre too busy hating on the best player in basketball LeBron James. Kobe fans refuse to see fault in this selfish coach killing diva. His selfish play continues to kill his team and set a bad example for kids to follow. How many points this guy score last night?

Kobe gets benched late in the 4th by his coach in a home loss, and not a word from his legion of huggers. Theyre too busy hating on the best player in basketball LeBron James. Kobe fans refuse to see fault in this selfish coach killing diva. His selfish play continues to kill his team and set a bad example for kids to follow. How many points this guy score last night?

Sort of a weird situation last night. The local Laker post game show danced around it and Brown just said I wanted to make a Sub.

Kobe was 7 of 15 last night for 18 btw. Pau Gasol, dont know what the hell he's thinking, Suddenly he thinks he's Dirk or something. Continues to take jumpers outside his 15' comfort mark going 4 of 15 after going like 4 of 14 friday night.

This could get interesting though, HC Mike Brown showing up Kobe in a Nat televised game, not too bright Mike, where do you want to coach next year. :P

Stay tuned, more sure to come no doubt.

And of course, in the Lebron thread we continue to talk about Lebron, here it's huggers and fluffers mostly.

Can't say I blame Brown for sitting Kobe. Kobe, especially this season, has a tendency to shoot the lakers out of ball games. There's been numerous occasions this season where he could've passed the ball to Bynum or gasol for a great look down low, but instead chose to shoot it. I don't think he's having a good year this year because his shot selection has been poor. I don't think brown and bryant can coexist. KD for MVP!

Brown is losing this team, if he ever had it. Tonight Bynum was at the top of the key and tossed up a 3 point attempt....because he felt like it. Andrew has never made a 3 point shot in his 7 year career before Sunday night when he threw one up as the clock ran out on the loss to Memphis.

Brown immediately pulled him from the game with 10 minutes left in the 3rd and the Lakers up by 6. Eventually the Warriors came back to take the lead and at one point the local telecast showed Bynum sitting on the bench and Andrew pointed up towards the scoreboard in an obvious gesture. Brown is getting no respect.

Anyway, down 2 with 64 seconds to play the Mamba took over and drained two buckets from the left corner to put the Lakers up by two and then it was just a matter of Kobe and Gasol making free throws to end the game. More last minute heroics by 24 but this team going forward may be in worse shape than the Clippers Coaching wise.

84d7c668015f4fa36aa081a195a7f57b-getty-141985256.jpg

“If I feel like I have to take him out the game again, I’ll take him out the game,” Brown told Yahoo! Sports. “If I don’t feel like he’s playing the right way, I’ll take him out the game. I didn’t feel like he was playing the right way. I didn’t feel like we were playing the right way as a club when he was on the floor. That’s why I took him out the game.”

Bynum’s pouting appears to be over his desire to expand his game. He said he has developed a jump shot and different post moves. He won’t be afraid to fire away again from long range.

“I guess don’t take 3’s is the message. But I’m going to take some more,” Bynum said. “I just hope it’s not the same result. I hope that I make it.”

And Sunday night as well Gasol was taking shot after shot from distance...and missing. A brutal 4 of 15 night. But apparently that was OK.

http://espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=320325013

Kobe hits rock bottom. 3-21, 5 assists, 3 steals 11 points.

But of course he's there at the end for the game winning 3 with 20 seconds to play. The Mamba does what he does even on his worst day.

ap-201203311725627324589.jpg

The Game winner.

ap-201203311728629194600.jpg

Kobe

'It was awful, it was awful. I couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if I was sitting in a boat'. When asked if fatigue had anything to do with: 'Maybe a little bit, maybe a little bit.'

Again, Mike Brown, for the 3rd time in a month, you have a 17 year Vet, 33 year old shooting guard you continue to play 38 plus minutes per night. Help him out, help the Lakers out, pull yoiur head out of your ass and quit playing him so many minutes.

Brown is digging is own grave. Remember Kobe at the beginning of the season when he was rested? He so STILL the best player in the NBA at 33, Brown is made him dead and you add the crazy 66 game schedule the NBA has this year makes it even worse. Be a coach and manage your players minutes right. Don't even get me started on his current rotations either... Ugh.

But Kobe's game winner today was mind blowing. There are a couple dudes in the NBA who need to take notes.. ;)

That was an ugly game from Kobe (0-15 at one point-yeeeesh), but he came through in the clutch with a big three. They shouldn't have been in that position against a sorry Hornets squad, who's missing 4 starters. Lakers looking like a one and done team...

Archived