• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NEW ARTICLE: The Emergeance of DeAngelo Williams

BlindSite

They were talking on NFL radio today how its possible Williams had "tired" legs and that the two years behind Foster did him good. Who knows how true that is, but it can make some sense. Williams did carry a huge load in College. Either way, sometimes not starting right away can be good for players. That plus bringing in a new RB :-)

I would agree that Williams looks faster and stronger this year. But I think most of that is a function of Williams having greater vision than in the past. The game has slowed down for him. He sees the cutbacks. the lanes, he can start inside and take it outside and break a few tackles for a long run. He almost never gets tackled for a loss and he most of all waits for a play to develop. When he sees his opportunity he hits it hard and fast. If he breaks containment he is gone.

THe same things that Stewart lacks right now. He bowls ahead and rarely makes the sharp move. Hits the hole but misses opportunities one or two gaps over. Things he is learning from Williams. In a season or two they will both be dynamic. Best 1-2 punch in the league. Fox will be ecstatic.

The great thing is that its the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks to what Vinny said to him, D-Will has gotten tremdously better. And becasue of that Stewart will start adapting and doing the same as williams, making him even better.

I honestly wish we could somehow bring Vinny back. I dont know how or what postion he would fill, but it seemed that everybody learned somthing.

Even Delhomme, Smith,Williams ,who are all great and smart vetrans said they learned alot from spending just half a seaon with the guy. He mightve very well been a reason for our success right now.

Actually, during the start of the season for the first few games it still looked like Williams wasn't playing up to his potential, while Stewart would come in and give every ounce he had. Once the media caught on and kept mentioning Stewart over and over thats when Williams really started to show he wanted to be the starter and he wanted to be the guy everyone was talking about.

You can tell he is running with a cause compared to the first few games. Now everyone is talking about Williams.

I think Williams slow start was more because of O-line injuries than anything else. The starting O-line couldn't stay together in the first half of the season, and that's why both backs weren't playing up to their potential.

There's no doubt that Williams has improved from the previous two seasons but I think people are going overboard when talking about it. The guy averaged 5.0 yards per carry last year, so it's not like he was a slouch. He just wasn't given the opportunity to start.

Archived