• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF writeup on their top 5 QBs in the draft

AU-panther

2022 NFL Draft: Pros and cons for PFF's top five quarterbacks | NFL Draft | PFF

Not a super deep analytical article or anything, but some might find it interesting that Howell is actually their #1 QB.  

Howell definitely has arm talent, and the mobility he showed this year is a plus.  A negative that I keep seeing about him is that he doesn't seem to go through progressions much and can he operate in that intermediate range?  You have to ask yourself is that because he can't or because the system or his teammates didn't afford him that opportunity.  What type of system he goes to might greatly decide how quickly he progresses at the NFL level?

Also some might find it interesting that Pickett is QB4 on their list.  It's pretty clear that being a one-year wonder is a major concern to them.  Also, I think this idea that he some super low floor QB with a noodle arm is a bit wrong.  He might not have an elite arm, (think Cam Newton, but most QBs don't) but he has an NFL level arm.  I would be more worried about his time to throw, is that because he is slow to process or because he knows he has that luxury? Can he speed up if needed?  If he plays for us he is going to have to speed up.

• Pie 1