• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte FC After The Transfer Window

So Charlotte made a good amount of moves today in hopes that it gets them over the hump and into the playoffs.

A quick rundown of all the movement beginning all the way back with Franco’s transfer:

In - Nathan Byrne (Derby County), Adilson Malanda (Rodez AF), Brian Romero (Charlotte FC Academy), Nuno Santos (Benfica), $400K General Allocation Money (New England)

Out - Christian Makoun (New England), Alan Franco (Talleres), Christian Ortiz (Released - Tijuana), Sergio Ruiz (Granada???)

Current Roster

GK - Kahlina, Marks, Sisniega, Zendejas (Charlotte Independence)

RB - Byrne, Afful, Lindsey

RCB - Corujo, Malanda

LCB - Walkes, Sobocinski

LB - Fuchs, Mora, Armour (Injured), Santos (Charlotte Independence)

CDM - Bronico

CM - McNeill, Jones, Romero

ACM - Santos, Bender, Alcivar, Hegardt (Charlotte Independence),

RW - Jozwiak, Gaines

ST - Swiderski, Rios, Mello (Injured)

LW - Reyna, Shinyashiki, Vargas

Hopefully this group gets us to the playoffs.

I guess Alcivar is a CAM but I never see it when he plays lol. Idk if we’ve had a true CAM yet and hopefully Santos fills that hole

itll be interesting to see how next year shakes out at LB with Armour healthy. I could see Fuchs retiring.

Maybe Byrne and Santos can help push us this season but I think these moves were done more for next season in mind. Really would like for us to see Mello this season but doubt it happens

54 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

I guess Alcivar is a CAM but I never see it when he plays lol. Idk if we’ve had a true CAM yet and hopefully Santos fills that hole

itll be interesting to see how next year shakes out at LB with Armour healthy. I could see Fuchs retiring.

Maybe Byrne and Santos can help push us this season but I think these moves were done more for next season in mind. Really would like for us to see Mello this season but doubt it happens

He’s really not and I wish they would stop playing him there lol. He came on for Bender at the position against D.C. United.

I think right now he’s more of a holding midfielder but he’s still young so I’m hoping they really work on developing his defensive technique and give him a shot at CDM which is where he played at Quito.

Bronico has been rock solid as our CDM but Alcivar has the talent to be a great CDM if he puts it all together. He’s one of our better passers and leads the team in key passes if I’m not mistaken. Having that technique at the CDM position would be very beneficial to controlling the midfield.

Also, one note on Byrne, Derby fans seemed pissed that he was leaving so I take it that he’s a pretty solid addition.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Also, one note on Byrne, Derby fans seemed pissed that he was leaving so I take it that he’s a pretty solid addition.

Apparently he was a fan favorite but he exercised an option in his contract to leave because they got relegated so they hate him now lol. His agent just did good work imo

Edited by MtnJax
  • Pie 1