• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Wilks and These Players Kept Pounding

Proudiddy

Idk what happened with the gameplan last week offensively, but this is what it should have been.  And even despite last week's failings, we saw the glimpses of the heart and effort that they showed today, and we hadn't seen that in a long, long time.  No incredibly dumb penalties, no dumb mistakes, none of the absent mindedness, none of the lack of awareness and common sense, and no signs of the woefully unpreparedness that plagued the Rhule-coached Panthers.  These guys haven't given up.  I know we are now 1 game out of first place of the NFCS lead, but I'm not even thinking that far ahead.  I do think this team is talented enough to challenge for it, but I'm not thinking about that.  I'm just proud of our guys for continuing to play, and not just that, but playing up to the level that we knew they were capable of coming into this year - and all this while missing key pieces like Chinn and Horn.  They are playing and looking like a professional football team that instills hope and belief again, for the first time in a very, very long time.  They are airing out and ridding themselves of the Rhule-era stench...  and it feels so good.

Credit to Coach Wilks.  Credit to PJ, TMJ, Chubba, Foreman, DJ, Bozeman in his first start (and the whole OL), Tremble, Derrick Brown and the entirety of the defense, including the the DBs that stepped up in the absence of the usual starters.  This team and staff gave us something to be proud of today, and something to believe in again.

Thank you Coach Wilks and all the players.  You embodied the Keep Pounding mantra today.

P.S. - Start PJ the rest of the year.  Thanks.

• Beer 2