• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamble...

unicar15

We have three players with 4 sacks a piece...that's good pressure no matter how you slice it. Tampa Bay has one of the worst pass rushes in the league, yet they allow only 188 yards through the air per game.

188 through the air is misleading when teams can run all over them. No need to pass if the run is working.

Lol, I did say Packers, huh???? sorry, too much Crown Royal!!! Yeah, I agree with that about playing some pretty good offenses... and also agree that they pick on Lucas because he's not as good as Gamble. Let's all hope they step it up a notch and hit someone hard next Saturday.... On that note, am I crazy or did it look like Harris has played the last couple games to "not get hurt"? I saw him pull up on a few opportunities and just thought that maybe he's waiting until the playoffs to start pounding people again.... I'm prolly exagerating, but it did look funny to see him not finish off someone when he had the chance....

First of all I believe we got Lucas from the Seahawks. Gamble has improved a great deal this year primarily in his tackling. He has become a complete corner and as a result hasn't been targeted as much as Lucas during the second half of the season. I think Fox summed it up best after the Saints game. We have played some pretty good offenses during this stretch.

Okay, our pass rush ranks 9th in the league. above teams like Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta....so for the last time, our secondary's recent incompetence isn't related to our flippin pass rush

Maybe not the pass rush, but it is definitely related to the lack of 2 of the starting D line. You might not understand, but when you are missing 2 key guys, it takes 3 or 4 to make up for them, so you go from 4 stopping the run to 2 and 2 newbies plus linebacker help with safety backup which leaves soft coverage forced on our corners with not much safety backup. Thats the problem. We were one of the top 5 pass defenses for the first 8 games until the injuries to the D line started up.

We were one of the top 5 pass defenses for the first 8 games until the injuries to the D line started up.

We also played better Offenses in the second half. Also teams have more film to watch to neutralize our zone blitz packages. Now is the time to tweak them a little. Thats what I like about Fox and Trogo. When we play teams the second time they usually manage to scheme better. The strength of our D is the linebackers. They will find a way to get them free.

Archived