• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2010 Masters Thread

Darth Biscuit

Tiger 2 shots back on the first day is not good for the rest of them......just sayin'

It's Augusta.. anything can happen. The course conditions yesterday were perfect for scoring... it'll dry out and get tough.

With that said, I'm so sick of "tigeritis" already... they talked all night about it on ESPN and all of the news channels this morning.

"Nobody else could do this but Tiger..." blah, blah, blah... complete BS. These guys are professional golfers and Tiger's not the first golfer to take 6 months off and then come back and play well.

Hell, I haven't played but like three times since first of November and went out and shot +3 on nine about three weeks ago, which is about what I normally shoot.

It's Augusta.. anything can happen. The course conditions yesterday were perfect for scoring... it'll dry out and get tough.

With that said, I'm so sick of "tigeritis" already... they talked all night about it on ESPN and all of the news channels this morning.

"Nobody else could do this but Tiger..." blah, blah, blah... complete BS. These guys are professional golfers and Tiger's not the first golfer to take 6 months off and then come back and play well.

Hell, I haven't played but like three times since first of November and went out and shot +3 on nine about three weeks ago, which is about what I normally shoot.

you should be used to this. theres one in every single sport. and w/ Tiger its been the same for years. im numb to it

Is anyone else watching today? I played 18 myself this morning... damn fine day for golf. I bet it's gorgeous in Augusta today.

Westwood's holding them off and Phil's in the hunt. Watson's right in it too.

Laughing at Tiger and his comments earlier this week about calming down as he hits a shot on #7, drops his club and says "Goddammit" right on CBS and in front of about 1000 people in the gallery. I don't give a crap about him, I wish he would tone it down in front of the galleries because there's a lot of kids there, but it just shows me he ain't gonna change... it's all just BS. :lol:

Now I know Tiger says he's gonna tone it down and not curse so much and all this. Everyone is sick of his cursing and blah blah. But I know at least some of you have been to a professional golf tournament, and Tiger is absolutely not the only one who curses after a bad shot. Not even close. I guess it's just because every shot he takes is on television.

Now I know Tiger says he's gonna tone it down and not curse so much and all this. Everyone is sick of his cursing and blah blah. But I know at least some of you have been to a professional golf tournament, and Tiger is absolutely not the only one who curses after a bad shot. Not even close. I guess it's just because every shot he takes is on television.

Oh no... he's not the only one, and yes, he does get more coverage than most of the other golfers, BUT... I have been to the Masters five times, the US Open and Quail Hollow so I've seen a lot of these guys in person and not just when the cameras are on... and he's by FAR the worst I have seen as far as attitude and temper. He throws and drops clubs more, is more profane and is more open with his temper than any other golfer on tour by a wide margin.

Now me on the other hand... I have never, ever thrown a club or cursed on the golf course... :svengo:

Oh no... he's not the only one, and yes, he does get more coverage than most of the other golfers, BUT... I have been to the Masters five times, the US Open and Quail Hollow so I've seen a lot of these guys in person and not just when the cameras are on... and he's by FAR the worst I have seen as far as attitude and temper. He throws and drops clubs more, is more profane and is more open with his temper than any other golfer on tour by a wide margin.

Now me on the other hand... I have never, ever thrown a club or cursed on the golf course... :svengo:

Yea, I personally have only gotten to see Tiger once. He wasn't too bad when I saw him, but I know what you mean. I guess I just don't care because when I play golf, I get extremely frustrated. I just see it as Tiger realizing he's better than all the guys on tour when he's at his best, and being frustrated when he doesn't perform to his ability. Dude is chasing permanently chasing history.

No, I've played with guys that curse so much that you just wait for the lightning to strike...but that's out there with 3 other guys... not 500 women and children around...

I realize that he's passionate and that's part of what makes him good, but golf is a gentlemen's game in every aspect, and honestly I'm surprised that the PGA lets him act the way he does.

Archived