• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

faultlessjoint

I have been searching the internet for years trying to find a decent Atlanta Braves message board. Ideally one that is like the huddle but for the Braves baseball. I have found nothing but garbage sites, most of the time hosted by some big media outlet (ESPN, CBS, etc.). They all suck donkey balls and I am disappointed in my lack of quality braves discussion.

It seems as though there are not too many people interested in baseball here and even fewer braves fans (Growing up I thought everyone from the southeast was a braves fan, but apparently not). Anyways, since so few people post here, I figured it would be best to just have one thread to discuss anything/everything braves related.

I have feeling this might become me just having a conversation with myself, but I figured it was worth a shot.

So with chipper out of the line-up what kind of line-up would you like to see today?

I'm thinking,

Infante - 3B

Prado - 2B

Escobar - SS

McCann - C

Glaus - 1B

Heyward - RF

Diaz - LF

McClouth - CF

I'm still not sure how I feel about Melky, and Diaz definitely needs his AB's. Hopefully Infante can get back to where he was before his injury last year.

Melky Cabrera had an excellent at bat to end the game last night. 3rd strike looking.

GO PHILS!!!!!

In all seriousness, I am obvioulsy not a Braves fan but I do follow them just as closely as I do the Phillies. Since I don't get most of the Phillies games around here, I usually have the Braves game on at night. I love to watch and root against them. A couple of my close friends are big Braves fans so I have to keep up with the team in order to know what to talk trash about. :D

oh yeah....Scrum is a big Braves fan as well.

Yeah, the biggest problem I found with all Braves message boards is there are always more phillies fans than braves fans. Makes it impossible to have a discussion when 4 out of 5 posts are phillie trolls. So way to ruin my thread, ass.

Nah, I'm joking, it's cool. I don't mind as long as it's intelligent or funny.

Well that sucks....I can understand football trolls but usually baseball is not that way....but then again... it is the Internet.

I will say this, I think the Braves will defintely give the Phils a run for thier money this year. I am still not sold on the Braves offensively but that starting 5 ptiching rotation is one of the best if not the best in baseball IMO. I also saw Billy Wagner pitch for the first time the other night and I was impressed...didn't know he still had that in him.

Phils could be vulnerable this year as far as SP goes and thier bullpen is horrible so this season could get real interesting.

Doesn't matter to me, I live in DC and have directv extra innings. I get both broadcasts of all games. So if it's on peachtree and non-HD, I'll just watch the opponent city's HD broadcast. It's nice being able to listen to opposing announcers sometimes, especially when their team is getting crushed.

That being said, anything in non-hd is bullshit if you ask me.

Doesn't matter to me, I live in DC and have directv extra innings. I get both broadcasts of all games. So if it's on peachtree and non-HD, I'll just watch the opponent city's HD broadcast. It's nice being able to listen to opposing announcers sometimes, especially when their team is getting crushed.

That being said, anything in non-hd is bullpoo if you ask me.

hmmmm....I have Direct TV also and they have a free trial for the MLB extra innings and couldn't find one that wasn't blocked. How much is that by the way? I may splurge and get it this year.

* Edit * Never mind...I looked up the price. Does the $200 get the games in HD also?

hmmmm....I have Direct TV also and they have a free trial for the MLB extra innings and couldn't find one that wasn't blocked. How much is that by the way? I may splurge and get it this year.

* Edit * Never mind...I looked up the price. Does the $200 get the games in HD also?

Yeah, it's not like Sunday Ticket where you have to buy superfan to get the HD versions.

Archived