• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

faultlessjoint

So much for that, luls. 17-2.

I thought this team would be a team that scores a lot of runs, but has trouble with giving up runs. Not because of poor fielding, but just because our starting pitchers are so-so.

It seemed it would go that way in the first game vs. the Cubs but our bats just suck right now. Especially with runners in scoring position.

Question for you Braves fans...

Is Mike Gonzalez really this bad?

Saw a report last night that he might have "the Thing" otherwise known as Steve Blass disease that guys like Ankiel and Wohlers got. I haven't seen Gonzales pitch this year but they were saying is in incapable of throwing strikes and has no control over where the ball is going.

WTF happened last night??? Took the gf bowling, didn't watch the game. I get home and see 17-2, with JJ on the mound???

Not too much of a surprise to see the offense not score or JoJo give up a poo ton of runs but JJ giving up 8 in an inning is shocking. To those who saw the game: what went wrong? I can't even remember the last time he got completely shelled.

I'm surprised there's so many fans on the site. I figured everyone in Carolina hated Atl

Well for a very long time Atlanta was the one in only team in the entire southeastern united states.

The Marlins first season was '93, Tampa was '98, and Washington was '05. Before those teams the next closest city with a MLB team was either Cincinnati, Baltimore, or Houston. So the braves were the closest team for most people in GA, FL, NC, SC, AL, MS, TN.

My braves fandom pre-dates the existence of the Carolina panthers and their rivalry with the falcons. It used to be that Atlanta sports teams represented a huge chunk of the nation due to the lack of big metropolitan areas in the south. I think it's safe to say that most true southerners are braves fans.

Plus, the other teams in the "southeast", the Marlins, Rays, and Nats aren't really in the south at all because we all know the south stops at Richmond going north and at Gainesville going south.

Saw a report last night that he might have "the Thing" otherwise known as Steve Blass disease that guys like Ankiel and Wohlers got. I haven't seen Gonzales pitch this year but they were saying is in incapable of throwing strikes and has no control over where the ball is going.

It seems like he can barely throw now. Sure glad we gave all that money.

Can someone please explain to me why the Braves have such a hard time hitting Kyle Kendrick?

Great game last night (although I didn't like the outcome). Hopefully tonight we get a complete game out of Halladay and you never see our bullpen. Hudson vs. Halladay should be a good battle, having great seasons so far.

I really hope last night was a sign of things to come for McLouth and Glaus. If the two of them can turn it around, I think this offense will be more than enough to get it done this season. It's only a matter of time until Chipper, McCann, and Escobar get hot.

Also, I don't want to sound too bold or anything, but I think this Jason Heyward kid might turn out to be pretty good.

i might go to the game tonight.

if the braves are serious about this season, they're going to need to make a move for a first baseman and an outfielder. Freddie Freeman is blowing ass and Glaus and McClouth are worthless.

i might go to the game tonight.

if the braves are serious about this season, they're going to need to make a move for a first baseman and an outfielder. Freddie Freeman is blowing ass and Glaus and McClouth are worthless.

Where was everyone last night.....Atlanta sure does suck when it comes to supporting baseball, even when they were winning divisions. They better have 20,000+ at least tonight with the Hudson/Halladay matchup even if half of them are Philly fans.

Where was everyone last night.....Atlanta sure does suck when it comes to supporting baseball, even when they were winning divisions. They better have 20,000+ at least tonight with the Hudson/Halladay matchup even if half of them are Philly fans.

it was a tuesday night game in the least populated, most dangerous part of a city with no public transportation and miserable interstates.

It's really hard to overstate how hard it is to get to Turner Field.

it was a tuesday night game in the least populated, most dangerous part of a city with no public transportation and miserable interstates.

MARTA? I've taken MARTA to Brave's games several times. It's not the most dangerous part of the city either. Drive 10 minutes in a certain direction and you can find some dangerous places but it's not hard at all to get to Turner Field. You just hate Atlanta.

Wha? I travel down a couple of times a year for a series or two and have driven in and taken the Marta and always found it very easy.....I have even parked in the "rough" neighborhood parking lots and never felt unsafe.

Archived