• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Staal

Goosfraba21

Why can't he give 100% every game and be a real superstar for this team. Is he over-rated?

No he isn't. He had that great season in 2006 and then dropped off a little. BUT since he has been captain of this team, he's fought a lot of injuries and loss of a sister-in-law, he has been a great leader and productive.

Why can't he give 100% every game and be a real superstar for this team. Is he over-rated?

Yes. He's overrated. He's not a true superstar. He's just a really really good player. He can't make things happen on his own, but he's better than a role player.

But yes, he's overrated. Probably overpaid, too. I know it sounds like hate, but I actually really like Eric. I just don't think his game is up to the level of a top tier NHL superstar.

Yes. He's overrated. He's not a true superstar. He's just a really really good player. He can't make things happen on his own, but he's better than a role player.

But yes, he's overrated. Probably overpaid, too. I know it sounds like hate, but I actually really like Eric. I just don't think his game is up to the level of a top tier NHL superstar.

This is about how I feel. It seems like he can take over a game when he wants to. Whenever some kind of spotlight is on him or the canes he plays all out. Other times he just glides around and hopes to make a play. He is the captain and I just want to see him back around the 100 pt mark. I think this all-star game will motivate him to have a great year next year.

Honestly I think Mo's system handicapps Staals ability to be a big time player. He is never going to be on the same level as Crysby or Ossault-veckchin. They are special players who thrive in their teams respective systems and teammates.

I would rather see him be a 30-30 guy and win into the playoffs than he be the only scorer

Staal is not at all overrated. I don't think there is anyone who thinks he is a superstar in this league. He is capable of scoring 35+ goals every season, and he has become a pretty good leader. Ever since he was handed the "C" we have been competitive and started winning again. There's more to this sport than being the guy who gets 50 goals. Staal does what he's asked to do very well.

Staal is not at all overrated. I don't think there is anyone who thinks he is a superstar in this league. He is capable of scoring 35+ goals every season, and he has become a pretty good leader. Ever since he was handed the "C" we have been competitive and started winning again. There's more to this sport than being the guy who gets 50 goals. Staal does what he's asked to do very well.

I'm not talking about 50 goals. I'm talking about putting the team on his shoulders when we need him. He doesn't do that like someone like Crosby can do. I would say Ovechkin but seriously he just chokes.

It's an elite club for sure, but I hear alot about how Staal is a superstar. I don't believe that. I simply believe he is a very good player. A superstar is a player that carry his team. Staal is more like a really good player that complements the overall effort.

I know it sounds stupid, and it's hard to explain. But I've watched enough hockey, and enough of Eric Staal to know he's not a top tier player. He's high level for sure, but he's overrated by a lot of people.

I'm not talking about 50 goals. I'm talking about putting the team on his shoulders when we need him. He doesn't do that like someone like Crosby can do. I would say Ovechkin but seriously he just chokes.

It's an elite club for sure, but I hear alot about how Staal is a superstar. I don't believe that. I simply believe he is a very good player. A superstar is a player that carry his team. Staal is more like a really good player that complements the overall effort.

I know it sounds stupid, and it's hard to explain. But I've watched enough hockey, and enough of Eric Staal to know he's not a top tier player. He's high level for sure, but he's overrated by a lot of people.

No it doesn't sound stupid at all. I understand exactly what you are saying. And I completely agree with you. He is not a superstar in this league. He's a superstar in Carolina because we have great fans. I think Staal will improve as a leader the longer he has the "C".

Archived