• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coming out Swinging

venom

This saturday, as well as the rest of the playoffs, i believe jake and co. are going to come out swinging. hard. if it's that obvious to us that the panthers conservative 2nd half play (as of late) has been the cause of momentum changes and long defensive field time...then i expect the coaching staff will see this too and make adjustments. does this mean that (stubborn) john fox will gameplan accordingly? not neccessarily.

the reason why we have seen this type of game management is because it hasnt really been until the mnf game vs. tampa that there was no question to whether or not we really had a solid running game. because of this, it seems to me like fox has developed the mentality that solely our running game can win us games. in games against tampa, denver, new york, and new orleans, we ran away with the lead right off the bat. this was due to very agressive offense, featuring an extremely balanced running game, and a very lethal passing game. only against tampa and denver were we able to really maintain a substantial lead in the second half.

you cant let up on offense against teams like the giants and saints. i predict steve smith to have an impressive postseason. we need to keep an equal balance in the passing and running games. besides, they thrive off eachother. we've seen smith gain 100+ yards on only 6 or so catches in a game. imagine what he can do with 12. we need to never let up no matter how big the lead.

anways, i guess the point to this is...i hope fox realizes that this team needs to come out with a killer mentality, especially on offense, for all 4 quarters. if we go into games with this attitude, we can beat anyone in the league.

Archived