• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurny on WFNZ Now...

realstandman

Reading this thread, makes it very clear how lil the majority of fans know of Jerry Richardson.

Maybe I'm spoiled cause I've been always been a fan.

Fact is, Richardson has never been the type of owner that tries to run the football side of the franchise. He actually let's the guys he hired to do that, take care of that.

Seems like so many fans want to blame the owner so badly, that they just discredit anything that is said by Hurney, or coach Fox.

Richardson will never be a puppeteer like some owners in the league.

couldn't agree more, richardson has always let the football & business people do their thing, some people may not know but Hurney has been here since 1998 in some capacity with the front office(he & fox are not a pair)during the seifert era he didn't have much power(seifert was the defacto gm)but since jerry has elevated him, he has for the most part been solid. i do believe that JR is the reason we have gone cheap this year(lockout?new coach?rebuilding?)but Hurney more so than fox is driving the current roster(think fox would prefer some more veterans)

Any other year I might agree with you but this year is different.

Exactly, I can't think of any other year even when we repllaced a coach and brought in a new one where we wholesale made so many changes and got rid of so many veterans and starters. There may have been a time where we picked up a number of veterans but never purged the team or made so many decisions based on financial reasons.THis was clearly was orchestrated by Richardson due to the CBA.

couldn't agree more, richardson has always let the football & business people do their thing, some people may not know but Hurney has been here since 1998 in some capacity with the front office(he & fox are not a pair)during the seifert era he didn't have much power(seifert was the defacto gm)but since jerry has elevated him, he has for the most part been solid. i do believe that JR is the reason we have gone cheap this year(lockout?new coach?rebuilding?)but Hurney more so than fox is driving the current roster(think fox would prefer some more veterans)

Yeah Hurney got to shop in the bargain basement and goodwill, but Richardson sent him there and told him how much he could spend.

Archived