• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox should be watching Sunday

drulz52

I hope Coach pulls up his favorite chair,gets comfy and watches Sunday what top tier defense looks like.He might remember not too long ago HIS defense played the same way.

:iagree:

Idk our 2005 defense was pretty nuts.

Ironically it is not much different personnel wise than it is today.

True. The good news for our defense is that the pieces are already here. We have, in my opinion, the personnel to field a good defensive product on Sundays; I dare say a top 5 defense with the right defensive scheme.

Just take this into consideration. The Eagles have an undersized D line, I'd say a similar secondary to the Panthers (I'd give the edge at LB to us) In saying all this they are playing lights out on defense. It's the scheme. No, we don't have Jim Johnson calling our plays but no matter who he plugs into that defense offenses know you have to respect the scheme. Look back at the Eagles' Superbowl team. Burgess...gone, Kearse...gone; Heck, Jeremiah Trotter gone, and Dawkins sure as he** isn't getting younger. Taking all of this into consideration you look at our young physical team, talented LB core. I'm going to say it now: If we get a DC in here whose philosophy is pressure and speed I guarantee we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Also, with the loss of Julius Peppers I think we'll have no choice but to change our philosophy on defense. We Lose Jenkins Last season but the blow was mitigated because we had Peppers. We lose Peppers we have to change it up if we are too compete. Unequivocally we have to change it up.

Just my 2 cent.

Archived