• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Wal-Mart will cash our checks for $3!"

fitty76

God I hate those commercials. How about opening a checking account and pay $0 to cash a check? Isn't that a novel ideal?

I guess Wal-Mart wants people to be financially stupid.

Disguised as "Banking Reform", Congress passed a Bill requiring that anyone opening a new bank account must have an valid picture ID (preferably State Driver's License) AND a Social Security card. This happened on Bush's watch, I believe.

What it boiled down to, was 2 fold. 1) "Illegal Aliens" who wanted to open a Bank account, couldn't now. (Really anyone who lives off the "grid", or gets paid in LARGE sums of cash.) 2) If you opened an interest bearing account, you have to pay taxes on that money. (Hence the SSN.)

I opened a new account at another bank, back at the beginning of December. I had to provide the new bank all of this information. I also had to provide the Closing Attorney this information when I closed on my house in December. (I also drew a Red Flag with the Government when I paid cash!)

Disguised as "Banking Reform", Congress passed a Bill requiring that anyone opening a new bank account must have an valid picture ID (preferably State Driver's License) AND a Social Security card. This happened on Bush's watch, I believe.

What it boiled down to, was 2 fold. 1) "Illegal Aliens" who wanted to open a Bank account, couldn't now. (Really anyone who lives off the "grid", or gets paid in LARGE sums of cash.) 2) If you opened an interest bearing account, you have to pay taxes on that money. (Hence the SSN.)

I opened a new account at another bank, back at the beginning of December. I had to provide the new bank all of this information. I also had to provide the Closing Attorney this information when I closed on my house in December. (I also drew a Red Flag with the Government when I paid cash!)

Then put some illegal aliens in the commercial. Preferable people who don't speak great English. (Use subtitles if you have to). Don't put what appears to be an educated black woman and an educated white guy in the commercial.

Archived