• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

History

Carolina Mike II

I was surprised to learn that "plate tectonics" was not officially accepted until 1960 (continental drift was a theory in 1915). This got me thinking (dangerous I know) Is the things we "know or accept as truth" really TRUE?

The oldest confirmed artifact is only 15,000 years old

link... http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/070711-egypt-artwork.html

What makes us believe or know something as fact? We are influenced over years of interactions with others. Any thoughts or theories outside those basic well placed ideas of "truths" people are cast as crazy (most surrounded by All religious people).

Maybe we really do not know what we take at face value as TRUTH. If Continental Drift is true and one shelf enters under another shelf? Then is the world not recycling itself over years?

Maybe the earth is older than we realize and maybe older cultures were wiped of the earth before. The proof would have been taken beneath the ground only to hit large molten lava erasing them forever.

Archived