• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WTFISUP with NASCAR...

ThaJackal

I haven't seen any offical figures but I think last year was the rock bottom for attendence.

charlotte vegas and Brickyard are three tracks I recall being empty last year and much fuller this year.

I barely noticed the fans today

They havent been to the brickyard yet this year.

Interestingly they were talking about a race in 2000 where Jeff Burton won led every lap because passing was impossible. There were some terrible races back then.

I didn't think today's race was all that bad.

Last weeks was one of the worst ever.

Or '99 where burton and gordon won 6 or 7 races a piece, then a few other drivers won several a piece, and dale friggin jarrett won the cup.

Or 03 where kenseth won only one race, but lead the points for a record amount of races, and was so far ahead that they had a special 17 car for jack roush to tool around in at homestead for the pace laps. The next year they made the chase.

They dont race to win? Youtube the last laps of michigan this year. If you cant bear to watch what are you basing your opinion on?

That's exactly my problem right now. Everyone's waiting until the end to lay it all out. So we get a 370 mile parade with a 30 lap race at the end. That style is a bit more understandable at the restrictor plate tracks, but when that style is applied to all of the cookie cutter tracks, it sucks. Those drivers who drive all out all race long get criticized by other drivers for being too aggressive. That's why I like Sonoma, b/c you have to go all out to get to the front pretty much all race long.

I'm still a fan, but that's one of the things that really gets under my skin about this generation of drivers.

I hated the CoT with a passion at first, but last year they lost that stupid wing and went back to the spoiler, and this year they axed the ugly ass splitter and cleaned up the front end. Also the crews are figuring them out finally along with nascar tweaking the rules, they arent IROC cars anymore.

Theres been some good racing this year, with a few exceptions. Hell im even enjoying louden, which is pretty rare.

I do agree with your comments on the CoT. It looks more like a stock car should, and crews are figuring how to work with them a lot better.

Yesterday was nationwide series, todays cup crowd looks pretty full.

And jim, basic cable doesnt cost $75, and tickets are cheaper than any time i can remember.

People bitched about the cup guys running all the nationwide races, but guess what? The ratings have fallen off since a lot of the cup guys started staying in the top series.

this. i thought yesterday had a great turnout for loudon of all places.

I watch enough every now and then to have an opinion, but I watch less and less and lately, really not at all.

Compared to NASCAR 10 years ago, today's racing sucks... you don't have to agree with me.

i take it that 10 years ago you were a big gordon fan. and now it sucks because he's fallen off.

the racing as it is has been better than the last 10 years guys. i'm not sure where the comments are coming from. it's been easier to pass, goodyear has brought some better tires, all around it's a better product.

ticket prices are down. the only thing i see as a black eye is kentucky and the debacle up there. and high concession prices.

but the action on the track is considerably better than the last 10 years. passing is still at a premium at certain tracks but it's getting much better.

my mistake. i just figured that you were. you strike me as one. with the rainbow and the whole nine. :D

This is the kind of rainbow I'm into...

tumblr_lh3usjgqPr1qf3smjo1_500.jpg

Now my wife was a big Gordon fan... she met him at Myrtle Beach speedway way back in like 1991 when they still raced Busch there.

Yesterday was nationwide series, todays cup crowd looks pretty full.

And jim, basic cable doesnt cost $75, and tickets are cheaper than any time i can remember.

People bitched about the cup guys running all the nationwide races, but guess what? The ratings have fallen off since a lot of the cup guys started staying in the top series.

To watch all your teams games you need the NFL network as well as ESPN. Far as I know, you still can't get the NFL network on basic cable. Not too many people can go to all races. Race tickets may not be so expensive, but the travel would cost much more. My commitment to DISH has just 1 more month. After that I am going back to whatever TV cpmes through the air. Any cable of satelite package that covers all NFL games will cost 70 per month. I am just not doing it. You go right ahead.

To watch all your teams games you need the NFL network as well as ESPN. Far as I know, you still can't get the NFL network on basic cable. Not too many people can go to all races. Race tickets may not be so expensive, but the travel would cost much more. My commitment to DISH has just 1 more month. After that I am going back to whatever TV cpmes through the air. Any cable of satelite package that covers all NFL games will cost 70 per month. I am just not doing it. You go right ahead.

The hell are you babbling about nfl network in a nascar thread for? We're talking about racing, and you can still watch every race with the cheapest programming package

Archived