• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who wants to move to downtown LA!

g5jamz

lol

A few months ago I arrived home to find a body on the pavement a few feet from the front door of our building. According to one of the cops on the scene, he was a jumper from the hotel across the street.

The next day, a shopkeeper on the block was furious that the police had closed him down for two hours during their investigation and cleanup. "Why couldn't he have jumped into the alley like all the rest of them?"

This article is freaking funny!

But honestly, not everything was terrible.

I'll miss the Los Angeles Athletic Club, the Central Library and the surprisingly wonderful Indian food from a restaurant located on the ground floor of a seedy hotel. I'll miss the view and having an empty Jacuzzi in which to store things. I'll especially miss Ricky the Pirate, a beloved fixture who can be found in and around Spring and 6th. His "Arrrgghh" will frighten you the first time you hear it at 1 in the morning from the shadows of a doorway, but after a while, you won't feel safe without it. Goodbye, Matey. Ahoy and arrrgghh back at you.

Archived