• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello)

Catalyst

yeah those are all definitely different categories of metal to me

and between the buried and me fuging sucks

if you want to talk that overall genre, then there's All Shall Perish, Beneath the Massacre, Cephalic Carnage....

the only band above i actually like is anata. the faceless are ok.

you coulda picked a better anata song too.

oh yeah, mayhem. that's all i gotta say. mayhem.

I figured you'd be in love with Journal, what with their video game influence and all... lol

ASP got so watered down after their second album I gave up, BTM is boring as poo, Cephalic Carnage and Mayhem are great though...

I just pulled the first Anata vid I clicked, and the Faceless are great...

Carnifex is one of my favorite bands of the heaviest style now that isn't outright grindcore... but they aren't all that technical...

yeah i really don't like but the 2nd ASP album. but its an amazing album and a benchmark for metal overall

my favorite metal band would be acid bath, flaws and all

i like gojira a lot too, despite how poppy they are

that's right. i consider gojira to be pop metal

i definitely do not consider PTH to be death metal, its more of a post rock speed band with punk influences. very hard to define them and that's what i really like about them

btbam has only been around 5 minutes and nobody knows who they are outside of nc

so influential

hahahah watch some interviews with bands like The Faceless and The Contortionist...

I don't even have to point out, hopefully, that 2 BTBAM folks were in Prayer For Cleansing, which was one of the pioneers of today's metalcore...

yeah i really don't like but the 2nd ASP album. but its an amazing album and a benchmark for metal overall

my favorite metal band would be acid bath, flaws and all

i like gojira a lot too, despite how poppy they are

right now I'd have to say my favorite metal band is Wretched, actually...

But yeah, Eradication by ASP is still probably in the top 10 all time songs for me...

today's metalcore was pioneered by pantera. without pantera there would be no metalcore, and probably no prayer for cleansing

but of course pantera just ripped off exhorder anyway

we could get super technical and say it all comes from Sabbath, if you want to go that route...

Archived