• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want To Get Rid Of Roadrunner...

Jhyler12

So like everyone else im paying way too much for a service I can get cheaper elsewhere, problem is clearwire is not available where I live, any other options? Im paying like $35 for the RR Lite, terrible, and it drops and resets all of the time. I have changed modems through the company several times and no change, anyone have any other suggestions...

Go bitch at them for a speed upgrade and price cut. They paid for me to cancel my dish, then sped me up to 10Mbps and gave me cable with free showtime for $75 a month. The promotion length is 2 years. They can do better than what they are giving you obviously.

Not your service unless you are downloading a poo ton of stuff. I have RR as well. I would also do as someone suggested and call them about a faster speed for a better price but I would check your firmware, reset your router. You can also do a connection speed.

Honestly though, spend more money. Things are expensive but your like the guy with dial up. I despise broadband and slower options because you just get raped $ wise compared to other services. I happen to love time warner because they offer me 50mbps, a fast a fug service that not many offer. But they offer different sizes. Tell them you'll upgrade for a resonable price and you'd probably only end up paying a few dollars more for an extra 100%+ speed, time warner are like the cell phone companies and can be haggled with.

Well I had a similar issue and drops in speed at around 5pm. You gonna have to call and complain alot to time warner before they actual send out the right technician to check the node. Chances are , it may need to be split. Call them and ask them when they are suppose to do the Docsis 3.0 upgrade to the headend. Problem is, they have too many people on 1 node. it needs to be split. Just timewarner being timewarner and trying to save a buck. Also check into windstream, see if they are available in ur area. You can do the Dish Network/Windstream bundle and ditch timewarner alltogether.

Thanks everyone for your help. I am still with them but I called and complained twice, so they sent out a tech the next day. I was suprised due to all the times before they said it would take a week or 2 to get someone out to the house, also they upgraded my service substantially and they reduced my rate by $4.00. Much better, I guess with compainies like this if you complain enough they will eventually do something. It shouldn't be that way but I guess buisness is buisness...

Archived