• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Austin Rivers

TheOracle

Drafting a point guard in the lottery in consecutive drafts is a stupid, stupid, stupid move. People give up on players way to soon around here.

MKG is the best player and fills a need, no reason to choose anyone different unless we can trade for a star* player.

Best is in the eye of the beholder. When your #1 need is offense, Gilchrist is not the best player for the Bobcats. Put him with Gerald Henderson, and now you have a 2 & 3 that can't shoot. You could have a good defensive lineup, 2-4, but even in that scenario, Kemba is a liability.

The whole point about Rivers was DEVELOPING into a PG down the road. He enters the league as a combo guard. And that was hypothetically near the end of the lottery.

Like I've said, Kemba is begging NY or Brooklyn for a spot first chance he gets.

There's nothing to guarantee you end up with a top 4 LOTTERY BALL next year to get a Shabazz.

Best is in the eye of the beholder. When your #1 need is offense, Gilchrist is not the best player for the Bobcats. Put him with Gerald Henderson, and now you have a 2 & 3 that can't shoot. You could have a good defensive lineup, 2-4, but even in that scenario, Kemba is a liability.

There's nothing to guarantee you end up with a top 4 LOTTERY BALL next year to get a Shabazz.

We could possibly have 26 million dollars in cap room, we can get offense in free agency.

Most people don't realize we have that much money, and for those saying "who would want to play here". Money talks and especially in the NBA.

We could possibly have 26 million dollars in cap room, we can get offense in free agency.

Most people don't realize we have that much money, and for those saying "who would want to play here". Money talks and especially in the NBA.

If you have that much in cap space you can get anything in free agency, so why draft Gilchrist again? Oh yeah, because you like his name being hyphenated. So cool.

Gerald Wallace was drafted 25th & Iguodala was drafted 9th, but Gilchrist & Beal will both be in the top 3-5. Hard to see either having as good of a career as either Wallace or Iguodala, but, okay, somebody has to be taken.

If you have that much in cap space you can get anything in free agency, so why draft Gilchrist again? Oh yeah, because you like his name being hyphenated. So cool.

You realize that a player that can put up 15 points night end and night out while also limiting another players production with his great defense could possibly create a 30 point swing right? Also it's easier to find players that can score in the NBA it's not as easy to find players that can play defense and actually like playing defense. MKG is the second best player in the draft, no doubt about it.

Also, I love how people are trashing Henderson when half of yall wanted Terrence Williams. It seems like the Bobcats made the right decision. They got a 15 point per game player and a good defender with the 12th pick.

The only players that turned out better than Henderson that we could have drafted are Holiday, Lawson, and Collison.

You realize that a player that can put up 15 points night end and night out while also limiting another players production with his great defense could possibly create a 30 point swing right? Also it's easier to find players that can score in the NBA it's not as easy to find players that can play defense and actually like playing defense. MKG is the second best player in the draft, no doubt about it.

I've seen that posted before. I'm aware of that view.

In impact, moron, not in game.

If he ends up being like Eric Gordan in impact then he's definitely not worth a top 3 pick.

Eric Gordon*. And someone capable of putting up 20/3/3, is worth a Top 3 pick.

Also, I love how people are trashing Henderson when half of yall wanted Terrence Williams. It seems like the Bobcats made the right decision. They got a 15 point per game player and a good defender with the 12th pick.

The only players that turned out better than Henderson that we could have drafted are Holiday, Lawson, and Collison.

I never wanted Terrence Williams, and I'm not trashing Hendo. I'm acknowledging that NEITHER Beal of Gilchrist with him in an ideal situation. He and Gilchrist could be great defensively, but not offensively, and he and Beal would be undersized.

Henderson's only 15 points a night because NO ONE ELSE COULD SCORE. 18 - 21 a night on last year's team would've proven something about his offense.

He would fill the Gilchrist role on the Bobcats if they had a legitimate scoring threat at SG or SF.

Archived