• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Summer League

God

Im use to announcers making their japes about the bobcats, so its kinda wierd hearing us get shown is a positive light. Im mainly watching Trob play. I remember watching that PG out of marquette play this year, i dont know if he is but he kinda looks like an asshole.

I still haven't seen anything that has shown me that Barnes can handle the ball or drive to the rim.

And you won't, definitely not in these disorganized Summer League pick up games. Barnes thinks too much, he doesn't flourish in chaos. He's acting like they're running a real offense out there, instead of people just doing whatever they want to do, like in the McDonald's AA Game. Clay Thompson isn't going to just come up the court every possession and launch a 3 pointer during real games. Barnes is standing behind the 3 point line waiting for someone to pass him a ball, and they aren't going to pass it to him because they see that he's just waiting for a pass. Maybe he figured that out in the last 3 minutes when he finally made 2 consecutive assertive offensive plays.

Driving will be easier during the regular season when the floor spreads out. You have to be VERY GOOD at driving to manuver through bodies chaotically flying all over the place in these Summer League games, as you saw from Thompson who could barely squeeze by guys on his drives tonight. That'll be less of an issue in the regular season when players settle down and are pacing themselves to last for 82 games.

I saw this on ESPNs summer league preview's section on the bobcats

Charlotte Bobcats
  • Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: Far from a consensus No. 2 pick -- many had the Bobcats selecting Thomas Robinson -- Kidd-Gilchrist will start the 2012-13 NBA season as the league's youngest player. Despite that youth, Kidd-Gilchrist displays uncommon maturity. Told about a ritual once started by Michael Jordan, Kidd-Gilchrist launched the "Breakfast Club" -- a voluntary early-morning workout for him and his teammates, followed by breakfast.
  • Kemba Walker: Setting aside the train wreck that occurred nightly in Charlotte last season, Walker showed the makings of a capable NBA pick-and-roll point guard. Although Summer League tends to favor isolation-happy guards over floor leaders and practitioners, Walker should be able to marshal an interesting composition of Bobcats prospects.
  • Bismack Biyombo: You could imagine Biyombo as the celebrated garbage/energy man on a team chock-full of scorers. But on a miserable Bobcats squad that needed points, he was regarded as part of the problem, somewhat unfairly. As the Cats grow up, they'll need Biyombo's intensity underneath.

Good to hear about MKG's early morning workouts

Archived