• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade with Knicks?

Plewis

Diaw could end up with Knicks

What are the chances of Boris Diaw ending up in New York and reunited with Mike D'Antoni? Before yesterday, not very good. But now, you could see a scenario - perhaps one that would include David Lee being shipped out - where Diaw is wearing a Knicks uniform. The Phoenix Suns traded one of D'Antoni's all-time favorite players to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday along with Raja Bell for Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley. The move means that when D'Antoni makes his emotional return to the Valley on Monday he won't have as many former players to embrace. But the trade also opens the door for the Knicks to eventually acquire Diaw, especially with Donnie Walsh's good friend, Larry Brown, falling in and out of love with players on a daily basis. If you don't think Diaw would love to play for D'Antoni again, here is what the veteran forward said upon being traded by GM Steve Kerr: "It definitely wasn't as fun. It wasn't as exciting for the fans. It's not as fun for everybody (on the team). I'll always remember Phoenix with Mike (D'Antoni). We went from a winning team that was the most exciting team in the league to a half-winning team that wasn't exciting at all."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/extramustard/specials/morning_jolt/2008/12/12/morning.jolt/index.html

I don't watch much of the Knicks or much of David Lee, but looking at his numbers... looks like he'd play well with Okafor. Let's see what happens. Major shakeups still looming.

NO! i like Diaw alot, he has always had the talent to be a good scorer. He just never has had the oppertunity to do it. with the suns amare, marion and nash always were the go-to guys. but look at diaw's numbers when amare was out that year.

During the 2006 NBA playoffs as the Suns' starting center, Diaw averaged 18.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, 5.2 assists, and 1.10 blocks per game.

those are quality numbers. ive seen him play alot. he is strong enough to guard the post. while having a good jumper. he has great handles, when he came into the league he was supposed to be a point guard! also a great passer for a big man.

lets wait an see, i expect 15pts, 8 rbs, an 4 ast averages. an im sure he can do it.

Archived