• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bob Johnson looking to sell majority share

Cyclonus

Zo did want to be here, Shinn didn't want to pay him. LJ happened alright, to the tune of 84 million. And Shin was in town, but he didn't go to the game? That's still an absentee owner.

Did LJ's contract ruin the NBA or not? Do you know what you're talking about?

Divac went on to support a powerhouse Sacramento team. We were lucky to ditch LJ's contract and get the poor man's version in Anthony Mason. Glen Rice won a title with the Lakers after he left. Eddie Jones had his best season in Miami after we traded him for Jamal Mashburn. What a beastly job Bass did there. Anthony Mason had an all star appearance after he was traded with Jones for Mashburn. That's two starters for Washedupburn and PJ Brown.

I could go on an on, but its pretty apparent who doesn't know what they're talking about here.

Take those teal colored glasses off.

Really buddy. I mean really. Zo hated it here from the start. He also hated LJ and wanted out. OK you got me on Divac's i forgot about his ok run with the Kings. Rice played one season with the Lakers so thats how he got his title. Real hard when you got Kobe and Shaq. He then spent the rest of his career bouncing around one year at a time with different teams. Amazing career after the Hornets btw. Mason played one year with the heat and made all-star team only because there were injuries to the Heat and the All-star team. It was his only All-star game. After that year he spent 2 years with Bucks and left the league because of injuries. Another amazing career after the Hornets. Jones had his best year with us but wanted to play for Miami. That was one of our best trades ever. Mashburn got us the farthest we had ever been in the playoffs and was a game away from East finals. While jones minutes points and everything dipped after he left us. Another amazing career. So who doesn't know what they are talking about again? Yeah you might want learn your poo before you talk it.

I didn't know that the Hornets had Dwight Howard, Carmello Anthony, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Dewayne Wade or Kevin Garnett locked up.

Top 3? lolzol

I said the, and CP3 is clearly a superstar in the league, something the Bobcats don't have.

Mashburn was washed up when he got here. The Hornets kept trading their superstars down. Zo for Glen Rice. LJ for Mason. Eddie Jones and Mason for Mashburn and PJ Brown. They let Divac walk for nothing after trading Kobe Bryant for him.

Zo did hate LJ, who wouldn't? The man was making more than Michael Jordan, and Zo deserved more than LJ. I'm sure Zo hated Shinn, as well. That would become a recurring issue for players, coaches, and management. Seemed everyone stayed two years, realized Shinn was a sociopath, and said "Get me out of here."

Then after they left Charlotte, they traded Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis. Davis really sucked after he left Charlotte.

Don't forget the ugly firing of Dick Harter after he lost control of the team, then Bristow resigned, Cowens resigned, and Silas was dumped. Two successful coaches that couldn't put up with Shinn's retardation and one that didn't deserve what he got.

Even the NBA acknowledged that Shinn had alienated fans here in Charlotte, and the franchise would not succeed here with him as a majority owner.

If I could give anyone credit for the success the Hornets did manage to have while they were here, I would give it to Zo, Cowens, and Silas. Three people that Shinn shafted until they bled.

But keep on romanticizing. They never made it out of the 2nd round. Their playoff series record is 5-11, and even Chris Paul can't get them out of the 2nd round.

George Shinn had it made here in Charlotte, but he couldn't keep a team together, and drove himself right on out of town.

It was a huge black eye for Charlotte and the Hornets, and the Hornets have no one to blame but themselves.

I said the, and CP3 is clearly a superstar in the league, something the Bobcats don't have.

It took the Hornets 6 seasons to get a true superstar in Alonzo Mourning. The Bobcats have been around for 5.

Waving Chris Paul around after 20 odd seasons is pretty sad, like trying to claim the Saints are a dynasty in the making after they finally won a playoff game.

The Bobcats would kill for 49 wins and a playoff appearance. Not to mention the Hornets have one of thee NBA's biggest stars locked into a max deal.

In five seasons in New Orleans, the Hornets have made the playoffs four times while the Bobcats have no appearances.

Keep in mind that the Hornets are not an expansion team and that the ownership and staff have been with the team more than twice as long as you've had the Hornets.

The Hornets, when they left Charlotte were already a playoff tested franchise.

All I'm saying is that you cannot compare the two at this point.

They traded Davis for cap space, it wasn't about getting value back in the form of players. Davis' value was shot anyway, he was hurt all the time and there were and still are questions today about his love for the game. A lot of people who know him believe he's just using basketball as a stepping stone to becoming a big time producer in terms of money and knowing folks.(another reason he's wanted to be in L.A)

Bristow was a solid GM, but he was fired by the team president(who was brought in by the NBA) because he did not want to help in marketing and other departments of the franchise.

It took the Hornets 6 seasons to get a true superstar in Alonzo Mourning. The Bobcats have been around for 5.

Waving Chris Paul around after 20 odd seasons is pretty sad, like trying to claim the Saints are a dynasty in the making after they finally won a playoff game.

How long is the expansion excuse going to be waved? The vast majority of players from the 1st few years are gone as well as the coaches. It only takes but 1-3 years to turn aorund in the NBA. The Hornets went from winning 18 games to winning 56 and a division title in the span of three seasons.

It takes time for the FO, scouts, and coached to gel just like it takes the team time to gel. You're going nowhere without the right strategy and that is what usually takes more time, as for the Bobcats, their strategy just changed after not being fruitful enough the past couple years. Its a process.

Mashburn was washed up when he got here. The Hornets kept trading their superstars down. Zo for Glen Rice. LJ for Mason. Eddie Jones and Mason for Mashburn and PJ Brown. They let Divac walk for nothing after trading Kobe Bryant for him.

Zo did hate LJ, who wouldn't? The man was making more than Michael Jordan, and Zo deserved more than LJ. I'm sure Zo hated Shinn, as well. That would become a recurring issue for players, coaches, and management. Seemed everyone stayed two years, realized Shinn was a sociopath, and said "Get me out of here."

Then after they left Charlotte, they traded Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis. Davis really sucked after he left Charlotte.

Don't forget the ugly firing of Dick Harter after he lost control of the team, then Bristow resigned, Cowens resigned, and Silas was dumped. Two successful coaches that couldn't put up with Shinn's retardation and one that didn't deserve what he got.

Even the NBA acknowledged that Shinn had alienated fans here in Charlotte, and the franchise would not succeed here with him as a majority owner.

If I could give anyone credit for the success the Hornets did manage to have while they were here, I would give it to Zo, Cowens, and Silas. Three people that Shinn shafted until they bled.

But keep on romanticizing. They never made it out of the 2nd round. Their playoff series record is 5-11, and even Chris Paul can't get them out of the 2nd round.

George Shinn had it made here in Charlotte, but he couldn't keep a team together, and drove himself right on out of town.

It was a huge black eye for Charlotte and the Hornets, and the Hornets have no one to blame but themselves.

I'll give you the Baron Davis thing. I don't know what the fug that was all about. I know he always wanted to be on the west coast but they didn't get poo for him. That was in N.O btw. As for your coaches who were so great none of them coach in the league anymore. Silas couldn't coach the Cav's with Lebron. Cowens went to the WNBA or something.

AS for me romanticizing the hornets? No. I'm not even a fan of the Hornets. I'm a big Bobcats fan. My only thing is the Hornets were run better and Bob sucks as a owner.

CP3 is nothing but heart, the guy is 6'0 but is considered among the best in the game. Not to mention he put an injury plagued team last year on his back for 49 wins and a spot in the playoffs. The Hornets didn't have a center for most of the season, and Peja's back problems kept him out of a rythm.

CP3 is 10x the player Baron is, he's a team guy who understands what it takes to win. Baron was all about Baron. It's not surprise he played his ass off in GS considering he needed a new contract.

I'll never think highly of Baron again after what he did in Miami in 2004 during the playoffs. It was game 7 and it was close, and Baron became ''hurt'' and even the Heat players knew he was full of poo. They were standing near him and urging him to get up. Baron didn't want Tim Floyd around and he knew if they lost in the 1st round he would be gone.

How long is the expansion excuse going to be waved? The vast majority of players from the 1st few years are gone as well as the coaches. It only takes but 1-3 years to turn aorund in the NBA. The Hornets went from winning 18 games to winning 56 and a division title in the span of three seasons.

I dunno. The Hornets didn't make the playoffs for 5 seasons. But you'd know that if you were actually a fan of the team, and not just a bandwagon fan. How loud did you cheer when they only won 18 games. (Their worst season here was 19 wins, their second season. How sad is that for you?)

The Bobcats had salary restrictions that the Hornets didn't have those three seasons. This was the first season we've had a real coach (we shipped the Hornets to you with a better coach than you have now) and no salary cap restrictions.

Without that lucky bounce of the lotto, we wouldn't have gotten LJ or Zo, and it would have been 10 years or longer before they made the playoffs. (Why is Charlotte always picking 2nd behind Orlando when we get the #2 pick?)

18 wins. That matches the total for the Bobcats their first year. Pathetic.

You do know our starting lineup that year mainly consisted of Dan Dickau, J.R Smith, Lee Nailon, Rodney Rodgers, and PJ Brown? It's a miracle that team even won 18 games, and in a way it's good. Without that year there is no CP3 in a Hornets uni.

I don't know much about Charlotte Hornets history, the same way an OKC fan doesn't know much about Sonics history, or a Sacramento fan about KC history. I'm however, a die hard New Orleans Hornets fan. I've been there through the opening win vs. the Jazz to the 58 point loss this year. I've been there though thick and thin since 2002. My knowledge of the Hornets inner workings and inside info is 100x that of my inside knowledge of the Saints.

Archived