• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bob Johnson looking to sell majority share

Cyclonus

I just heard a report on Fox news that there will be a shift in ownership. Bob Johnson won't be the majority owner anymore. That's all they said. Apparantly all the details will come out tomorrow!

THANK GOD! Bob Johnson is a terrible owner!!!

Shinn and Bob Bass put a respectable team on the court almost every year. Its more credit to Bass and him being able to get good players back when everyone knew Shinn wouldnt pay his free agents. I'm sure MJ will become the majority owner. However no big time free agents will come to Charlotte so the Cats will have to have a star fall in their laps or make a huge trade.

How is that? George actually wanted to be here and cared about the team and city.

George was just another local good ole boy who was given the benefit of the doubt til he alienated himself. It really isnt surprising me how people are revising history and proclaiming him as the "nice sincere owner" now LOL. How does an owner who moved his team away care about the city? George embarassed this city with his stupid ass rape trial. When he didnt get his way with a new arena he said fug this city and moved out of state. Dude didnt even live here the last 2 years the Hornets were in town.

Ah, yes, the revisionists. Never mind the Alonzo Mourning fiasco, the dismantling of successful teams, the rape trial, the way he screwed the NBA with Larry Johnson's huge contract. The Hornets were a revolving door for players, Anthony Mason, Eddie Jones, LJ, Zo, Glen Rice, etc etc.

Hell, I bet most people that are riding Shinn's nuts don't even remember Hershey Hawkins, Kenny Gattison, etc.

They just remember Muggsy.

No, Shinn tried to hold Charlotte hostage, and nobody even went to the last playoff series.

What a joke.

George was just another local good ole boy who was given the benefit of the doubt til he alienated himself. It really isnt surprising me how people are revising history and proclaiming him as the "nice sincere owner" now LOL. How does an owner who moved his team away care about the city? George embarassed this city with his stupid ass rape trial. When he didnt get his way with a new arena he said fug this city and moved out of state. Dude didnt even live here the last 2 years the Hornets were in town.

Yeah, but he's white. So it was all just a mistake, not criminal behavior.

The 3 first rounders the Hornets took in the NBA Draft:

Rex Chapman

JR Reid (UNC player nobody bitched about)

Kendall Gill

The Bobcats sure have drafted poorly, haven't they?

After LJ and Zo, our next good pick wasn't until....Kobe Bryant, who didn't want to play here, so they shipped him out for Vlade Divac.

The Hornets didn't make the playoffs until the 5th year. And then Shinn dismantled that team, which would become a recurring issue for me as a fan. They would develop a successful team only to ship out key components, usually because Shinn was a cheap bastard. He wouldn't have paid Wallace, he would have traded him for a cheaper alternative.

Can we stop with all the nostalgic hypocrisy now and just enjoy our current team?

Archived