• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who wants to see a lebron vs. carmello match-up in the finals?

tarheelpride

The league, the media, and most of the fans want a LeBron vs. Kobe NBA Finals. Think about it, they've been running those VitaminWater & Nike ads with the both of em well over a month now. Tony Kornheiser said it great today, NFL is a helmet league, NBA is a face league. And Stern wants his 2 biggest faces in the big dance for TV ratings.

With that said, I think Denver vs. Cleveland WOULD be a better Finals and would be very competitive. Count me as 1 of the few who would prefer it.

The league, the media, and most of the fans want a LeBron vs. Kobe NBA Finals. Think about it, they've been running those VitaminWater & Nike ads with the both of em well over a month now. Tony Kornheiser said it great today, NFL is a helmet league, NBA is a face league. And Stern wants his 2 biggest faces in the big dance for TV ratings.

With that said, I think Denver vs. Cleveland WOULD be a better Finals and would be very competitive. Count me as 1 of the few who would prefer it.

You had me right up to the point you had King James in but not Bean.

No surprise I suppose.

Melo and Howard will have something to say before either reaches the finals.

Personally I'd rather see Magic/Nuggets if Kobe or KJ isn't there.

i wonder when the NBA would stop focusing on ONLY their big market teams and try to improve the overall quality of the game. I see why it's a face league, but if a team is good and playing good basketball, people would watch. people would also watch if the games are good. i could care less who's playing. i don't even care if it's oklahoma city vs. washington, if the game is good to me, i'll watch. i'm sure plenty of other people would watch if they hear/see if it's a good series.

seeing that, idk why the league is shying away from lebron/carmello. so many storylines with that one (#1 vs. #3 overall, carmello trying to be in the conversation with lebron/wade/kobe, etc...) i'm kinda surprised the NBA didn't try to develop a rivalry b/w the 2. that's something i would want to see personally

I want Kobe Lebron and want Kobe to steamroll em... Not sure if it could happen but i would love it if it would.

I love lebron and kobe but its crazy to hear Kobe as an underdog. Whoever becomes the underdog between the two I'll root for.

I'm a memphis fan so if they aren't in it (which the never are) I'm down for a great series.

NBA's worst nightmare.

if the series is good, people will watch. if it's 7 close, tightly contested, game-winning shot games, people will watch in droves. It's not San Antonio-Detroit, so i'd imagine the league could live with that. and i will most certainly watch. I'd perfer this compared to 6 blowouts, like i think kobe v. lebron would be

Archived