• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud to interview with the Browns?

BountyHunter

This may be an unpopular view, but I think Chud will have success within 2-3 years in Cleveland & if we keep Rivera we will be wishing we had fired Rivera & hired Chud as our HC. Chud is the oppposite of Rivera, he uses the personnel he has to determine scheme, not square peg round hole philosophy.

As an OC, Chud has been successful, remember he is not the HC & Rivera still adds his stamp to what 'his' OC does. Chud had success in Cleveland before (as an OC) & it was his offense that got Cleveland to the postseason for the first time in many many years, then the defense lost that playoff game for them (against Pittsburg, I think)...Cleveland was ahead by far, then the defense fell apart...like Cleveland is known to do.

I think we will be looking back down the road & changing our collective tune on Chud. He is a smart guy who can get results & adapt to the changing NFL game. As a leader, I think he is not a disciplinarian, but I think he can be effective as a HC. The good thing about real decisions is that we will see real results...both with Chud in Cleveland & keeping Rivera here.

I like what someone said about how decisions in the NFL work different than what we think they should be, b/c they know more than us. I think this may work out that way too. (As a caveat, I think our D line discussions prior to last years draft may contradict that to some degree tho, b/c most of us have known for many years that better decisions needed to be made in regards to our DL & even our FS position (not to mention CB#2 or a future true #1 WR spots).

I agree for the most part. I dont really want Chud for our head coach... but I think that the fan base has been too hard on chud, after he completely took our offense on a 180 degree turn around (anybody remember 'Pickles'?)

I think that losing Chud will probably hurt Cam's progression.

I agree with you. I didn't want Chud as 'our' HC, but just don't think some people are giving him his due.

The 1 possible benefit is if a new OC comes in & tries to keep it basic. I think Chud's complex offense that he tried to install in year 2, hurt Cam early & then he backed it back down & Cam looked better.

I don't think Chud leaving will make a huge difference this coming year in regards to wins/losses, but he was a good (even if not the best) OC & made the PAnthers fun to watch...esp. in his first year here when there were not extremely high expectations.

Archived