• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Been pondering all week...

Beason52

All week long I can't stop thinking about this season and where things were a year ago. A year ago everyone was calling for John Fox's job and there were loud chants of "WE WANT MOORE" heard at Bank of American stadium. We clich a playoff this week with a Dallas loss, But do we really want that to happen? I mean if the Giants win and we win we go to NY with everything on the line. And I honestly think we can win. But if Dallas wins, which it is at home and Romo(Who didn't play last game Vs. NY) has owned NY. Then we have our game with everything on the line and if somehow we don't win then we still may have a chance to get homefield in week 17. We will be playing the Saint's in which we have won there for like 5 or 6 years, they are out of the playoffs and have nothing to play for and from what I hear Bush is injured again, I know what a surprise! In week 17 the Giants play in Minnesota in which we lost and everyone has trouble up there and their two D linemen won't be suspended so who knows and Brandon Jacobs is a little banged up. Tomorrow's game really scares me because after the high that everyone felt on Monday we may be overlooking a very dangerous passing team. So we are 10-3. Everyone talks about our losses and how ugly we have played. Well two of our losses came on the road against divisional opponents, which at this point is par for the course because everyone has. And you can look at each one of our losses and I'm not going to make excuses but all them changed with momentum. In week 3 we played on the road against a Minnesota team that had it's back against the wall and had to win that game. The game was changed on pretty much one play and we even led for a while. The loss against the Bucs, Like many have said we didn't have Otah or Kalil. And a few of Jake's INTs' were tipped balls and to any Buc fan I won't say you got lucky because they didn't they outplayed us on that day but just like everyone else in the division you win at home. As for the Atlanta game, it was also a momentum game. We just took a quarter to get started and that's what hurt us. And the Punt return TD was just like that play in Minnesota. And I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Mike Smith was the leading the D in Jacksonville last year in their house and again we got routed. We rebounded the next week and went to Green Bay and won and started out with a flea flicker and there wouldn't have to be any "cardiac" to that win had Moose fumbled that ball. As for Jake's "ugly" play agianst teams like Oakland and Detroit? I mean when you play desperate teams like that they are inspired and sometimes you never know what is going to happen. Oakland's seconday in the reason Matt Lienart was benched for Kurt Warner. I remember wathching John Fox say "It's not an ugly win, a win is a win." And I felt for the longest time why doesn't this year feel special? Why doesn't this feel like 96' or 03' or even 05'? I mean everyone was talking back then. I hope by now that everyone has that feeling. I remember watching the Cowboys game in 06' in primetime and just falling apart with the lead. Then everytime we played in primetime we really tanked it. I think there are several trends that will end up making this year special. The last time we went indefeated at home was in 96' in which we also made the playoffs. Which we have a chance to do tomorrow. In 03' there was extra motivation with Sam Mills and Mark Fields to just "keep pounding" well this year we have the biggest motivation and with we need to keep winning for big cat, and this year I think our motto needs to be "Keep Clawing!" Regardless of what happens if Jake Delhomme isn't named comeback player of the year then they might as well not even have an award. I think what has made this year special is having Moose back, I mean we made the playoffs in 05' but couldn't the next two. Sorry Keyshawn, you're no Moose. And Deangelo should be MVP and be in the pro bowl but I was happy when I heard in an interview he gave a lot of the credit to the O line.

All week long I can't stop thinking about this season and where things were a year ago. A year ago everyone was calling for John Fox's job and there were loud chants of "WE WANT MOORE" heard at Bank of American stadium.

We clich a playoff this week with a Dallas loss, But do we really want that to happen? I mean if the Giants win and we win, we go to NY with everything on the line (and I honestly think we can win). But if Dallas wins (at home) and Romo (who didn't play last game and has owned NY) then we have our game with everything on the line.

If somehow we don't win then we still may have a chance to get homefield in week 17. We will be playing the Saints (where we have won there for like 5 or 6 years). They are out of the playoffs and have nothing to play for. From what I hear, Bush is injured again (what a surprise!)

In week 17 the Giants play in Minnesota (which we lost) and everyone has trouble up there. Their two D linemen won't be suspended, so who knows. Also, Brandon Jacobs is a little banged up.

Tomorrow's game really scares me because after the high that everyone felt on Monday we may be overlooking a very dangerous passing team.

So we are 10-3. Everyone talks about our losses and how ugly we have played. Well, two of our losses came on the road against divisional opponents (which at this point is par for the course). You can look at each one of our losses and all of them changed with momentum.

In week 3 we played on the road against a Minnesota team that had it's back against the wall and had to win that game. The game was changed on pretty much one play, and we even led for a while.

The loss against the Bucs (as many have said) we didn't have Otah or Kalil. A few of Jake's INTs' were tipped balls. To any Buc fan, I won't say you got lucky because they didn't. They outplayed us on that day. But just like everyone else in the division, you won at home.

As for the Atlanta game, it was also a momentum game. We took a quarter to get started and that's what hurt us. The blocked punt returned for a TD was just like that play in Minnesota. I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Mike Smith was the leading the D in Jacksonville last year in their house where (again) we got routed.

We rebounded the next week by going to Green Bay and winning. We started out with what should have been a perfectly executed flea flicker. There wouldn't have to be any "cardiac" to that win had Moose not fumbled that ball.

As for Jake's "ugly" play agianst teams like Oakland and Detroit? When you play desperate teams like that sometimes you never know what is going to happen. Oakland's secondary is the reason Matt Lienart was benched for Kurt Warner.

I remember wathching John Fox say "It's not an ugly win, a win is a win." I felt for the longest time why doesn't this year feel special? Why doesn't this feel like 96' or 03' or even 05'? I mean everyone was talking back then. I hope by now that everyone has that feeling.

I remember watching the Cowboys game in '06 in primetime and just falling apart with the lead. Thereafter, everytime we played in primetime we really tanked it.

I think there are several trends that will end up making this year special. The last time we went undefeated at home was in '96 (where we also made the playoffs), and we have a chance to do that tomorrow.

In 03' there was extra motivation with Sam Mills and Mark Fields to just "keep pounding" well this year we have the biggest motivation and with we need to keep winning for big cat, and this year I think our motto needs to be "Keep Clawing!"

Regardless of what happens if Jake Delhomme isn't named comeback player of the year then they might as well not even have an award. I think what has made this year special is having Moose back, I mean we made the playoffs in 05' but couldn't the next two. Sorry Keyshawn, you're no Moose. And Deangelo should be MVP and be in the pro bowl but I was happy when I heard in an interview he gave a lot of the credit to the O line.

Archived