• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs' offer for Revis: 1st, 3rd, 6th & ~$15mil py long term contract

JawnyBlaze

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130409/darrelle-revis-trade-new-york-jets-tampa-bay-buccaneers/?sct=uk_t11_a6

I cannot make any sense of this reasoning. The Bucs has those choieses:

*Get a very good player with a 4 year rookie deal at the 13th spot

*Get a potential starter with a very cheap rookie deal in the 3rd

*Have ~$12-13M left a year for 4 years to sign a free agent(s)

*Get the best corner in the game

For now, lets forget the busted knee and the fact that "best corner" is pushing it. Banks argues that it is the Jets that are the once the needs to make up thier mind???

This deal is so terrible for the Bucs that I would shut out load from my cubical if it happened.

"New York owner Woody Johnson demands significant value in return for Revis and won't accept him walking away as a free agent next spring, with only a compensatory draft pick to show for it"

So what? I can demand $1M for the left overs of a Bojangles meal on ebay all I want but it is the buyer that sets the price.

Please please Bucs, be this stupid!!

"New York owner Woody Johnson demands significant value in return for Revis and won't accept him walking away as a free agent next spring, with only a compensatory draft pick to show for it"

How do owners get rich enough to be owners, while still being this dumb? Doesn't matter, Bucs look like they want to pay it, so it's the perfect trade.

Archived