• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This year in RCR...

davos

I am an extremely big RCR fan and Burton has been my driver since he was Exide.

My question because I can't even fathom the answer:

What is the problem behind the weak engines this year in the team? All of them seem to be getting worse qualifying and are not consistently top 12-ing the races. Mears is the only exception. My only thought is that 4 teams in RCR is too much to handle; however others can work with this much better i.e. - Hendrick, Rousch, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

Ironically Mears will have the shortest tenure of all of RCR's drivers. He will likely split time with Austin Dillon next year.

Rousch isnt really performing all that well this year either(although I attribute this more to the garbage teams in Yates Racing and HoF Racing that they are basically their only lifeline and they are sucking them dry).

Just a weird year for racing. 3 is probably the right amount of cars unless you are just loaded up with enough talent to field 4 competitively, but that is rarely the case.

Ironically Mears will have the shortest tenure of all of RCR's drivers. He will likely split time with Austin Dillon next year.

Rousch isnt really performing all that well this year either(although I attribute this more to the garbage teams in Yates Racing and HoF Racing that they are basically their only lifeline and they are sucking them dry).

Just a weird year for racing. 3 is probably the right amount of cars unless you are just loaded up with enough talent to field 4 competitively, but that is rarely the case.

yeah, I see what you mean in a way. No one expected much from Mears anyway. I meant to say I didn't even expect him to be chase quality this year...and that is obviously the case. The difference between 3 and 4 cars must really be a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived