• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I don't want Noel.

koolkatluke

None of these guys are 212LB and built like Kevin Durrant.

Yes KKL, I've seen you mentioned the Durant part many times on here before.

Noel is around 205-210. He's 10 lbs lighter than an NBA Anthony Davis. I can gain 10 lbs on Thanksgiving Day. Why do fans always bring up the weight part leading to all Drafts (NBA/NFL/etc)? You act like you never seen players gained weight before. Of course KG and Howard weighed more coming out of HS, but both gained 20 some pounds through their careers.

Look at this kid!!! Beyond the fact that you see no touch on his shot and every shot he takes is 2 to 3 feet from the basket if it isn't a dunk. And since he's not Dwight Howard or ShaQ that won't work to well in the pro's. Dude shot a hook 3 times from his Knee's.

How about the fact he is built like Kevin Durrant. But that's a problem as well since KD is a SF who doesn't have to play in the post.

Finally he is reckless and Clumsy. I've never seen a guy who lands awkward as he does all the time. I'm surprise he doesn't get hurt more. His ankles and Knees will always be a problem with the way he plays. I'm afraid that if he adds anymore weight his legs won't be able to take it then you add his reckless play and I know he won't last.

Noel is a bust and will spend more times in the training room then a all star game.

Bet on it.

Of course his offense isn't as polished as Drummond, but I remember many who believed Drummond was a bust last year this time. You seriously knows nothing. How could you say with confident that he's going to be a bust is silly.

Well wasn't Kevin Garnett skinny as hell. Also many of the same people who talk about Noel's weight wouldn't mind Zeller if we went down a few spots (Zeller played last yr around 205).

Also FYI:

Theo Ratliff 214

Meyers Leonard 215

Kevin Garnett 217

Larry Sanders 217

Nazr Mohammed 221

Joakim Noah 223

Camby 223

Marcin Gortat 225

Dikembe Mutombo 228

Wait just read this:

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/5/25/4365652/john-calipari-doesnt-think-nerlens-noels-weight-is-a-problem

"Calipari scoffed at the idea that Noel is going to be too skinny, claiming that Noel weighed about 222 pounds during the season. The reason that Noel weighs 206 now is because the doctors advised that he cut down the weight for his ACL surgery rehab. Calipari seems to recognize that Noel will need to put on weight in the NBA, but is confident that he'll be up around 240 pounds soon enough."

I just don’t get why people are worried about Noel’s weight if his playing weight was 215-220 as widely reported. All heights were sans shoes, so they are directly comparable:

Nerlens Noel – 206 lbs, 6’10", 19 yo (215-220 playing weight before injury)

Kevin Garnett – 217 lbs, 6’11", 19 yo

Larry Sanders – 217 lbs, 6’10", 21 yo

Marcus Camby – 223 lbs, 6’11", 22 yo

Joakim Noah – 223 lbs, 6’10.5", 22 yo

Chris Bosh – 225 lbs, 6’10.5", 19 yo

Marcin Gortat – 225 lbs, 6’11", 21 yo

Dikembe Mutombo – 228 lbs, 7’1.25", 24 yo

…and the list goes on

So you have a list of solid-to-great players, who no longer get bullied in the paint because gasp! people with nothing to do but lift weights put on weight. And MOST of which already had 2-3 more years of college weight training on them?

Good post.

I don't know why KKL loves bring Durant up when Noel is mentioned.

Well wasn't Kevin Garnett skinny as hell. Also many of the same people who talk about Noel's weight wouldn't mind Zeller if we went down a few spots (Zeller played last yr around 205). 

Also FYI: 

Theo Ratliff 214      =  Would you spend the 4th pick on Theo Ratliff a (role Player)?

Meyers Leonard 215  = A true 7'1 footer with the frame to add more weight.

Kevin Garnett 217 = Played some SF his 1st 2 years until he added weight and still has never been a true Post player.

Larry Sanders 217 = Has a better Frame to add weight and wasn't a top 5 pick.

Nazr Mohammed 221 = Would you spend the 4th Pick on Nazr Mohammed? Not to mention didn't we already see how that worked out?

Joakim Noah 223 = Really do you think they have the same body type really???

Camby 223 = Again he was a true 7' footer and again he has never been a post player or scorer? I have to ask this again do you really want to spend a top 5 pick on a smaller Camby??

Marcin Gortat 225 = Why do you keep wanting to pick role Player in the top 5. Not to mention "Again" different Body Type. More Muscle and can add more weight with no problem.

Dikembe Mutombo 228  = Really you want to compare him to a 7'1-7'2 player who had way more length and strength. Again Mutombo was a true center who was longer then anybody he faced so he had a advantage.

Wait just read this: 

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/5/25/4365652/john-calipari-doesnt-think-nerlens-noels-weight-is-a-problem 

"Calipari scoffed at the idea that Noel is going to be too skinny, claiming that Noel weighed about 222 pounds during the season. The reason that Noel weighs 206 now is because the doctors advised that he cut down the weight for his ACL surgery rehab. Calipari seems to recognize that Noel will need to put on weight in the NBA, but is confident that he'll be up around 240 pounds soon enough."

I just don’t get why people are worried about Noel’s weight if his playing weight was 215-220 as widely reported. All heights were sans shoes, so they are directly comparable:

Kevin Garnett – 217 lbs, 6’11", 19 yo

Larry Sanders – 217 lbs, 6’10", 21 yo

Marcus Camby – 223 lbs, 6’11", 22 yo

Joakim Noah – 223 lbs, 6’10.5", 22 yo

Chris Bosh – 225 lbs, 6’10.5", 19 yo

Marcin Gortat – 225 lbs, 6’11", 21 yo

Dikembe Mutombo – 228 lbs, 7’1.25", 24 yo

…and the list goes on

So you have a list of solid-to-great players, who no longer get bullied in the paint because gasp! people with nothing to do but lift weights put on weight. And MOST of which already had 2-3 more years of college weight training on them?

You never believe or go by what a players coach says. They are just trying to get a player drafted high to give their program some pub.

You also forget that while KG was skinny with a small frame he could shoot and dribble and be effective outside of the paint.

Does Noel play anyway like this really??

Yes KKL, I've seen you mentioned the Durant part many times on here before.

Noel is around 205-210. He's 10 lbs lighter than an NBA Anthony Davis. I can gain 10 lbs on Thanksgiving Day. Why do fans always bring up the weight part leading to all Drafts (NBA/NFL/etc)? You act like you never seen players gained weight before. Of course KG and Howard weighed more coming out of HS, but both gained 20 some pounds through their careers.

Beyond the fact that Anthony missed a lot of games this year.

He plays like this and Noel doesn't.

You never believe or go by what a players coach says. They are just trying to get a player drafted high to give their program some pub.

You also forget that while KG was skinny with a small frame he could shoot and dribble and be effective outside of the paint.

Does Noel play anyway like this really??

They're totally different type of players!

First, you complained about his weight. Now, someone showed you facts about previous players who actually were able to gained weights, and you continue your hatred with his dribbling ability. What's next? You dont like his hair style?

Of course his offense isn't as polished as Drummond, but I remember many who believed Drummond was a bust last year this time. You seriously knows nothing. How could you say with confident that he's going to be a bust is silly.

He isn't as polished as Kwame Brown coming out of highschool.

And Drummond is bigger stronger and just as athletic. Drummond already has a Nba body for the post. Noel will never have that.

Because I see his game. I see his body type. And it doesn't fit together.

They're totally different type of players!

First, you complained about his weight. Now, someone showed you facts about previous players who actually were able to gained weights, and you continue your hatred with his dribbling ability. What's next? You dont like his hair style?

I'm going to explain this as simple as possible.

He has Davis and KG's body type but he doesn't play like them. They are able to be effective as PF because they can play on the outside and not have to spend a lot of times in the post. They can Face up players other PF and either shoot over them (because they can shoot) or drive pass them (because they can handle the ball).

Noel plays like Dwight Howard and Shaq. But will never have their Bodies and strength. Meaning they can take the beating in the post and can spend all their time in the paint and be effective. Noel can't.

Do you understand???  Noel has KG's Body but plays like Howard do you not see that this isn't going to work out for him.

Skinny-weak at Small fwd or Guard Ok.

Skinny-weak at Power Fwd or Center..not OK.

Like Koolkat said the skill set of Garnett and Anthony Davis(who was a guard before) is different than Noel.

Noel is closer to an in between of Joel Anthony n Camby. Neither are close to a 4th pick even if without a knee injury.

He is a nice guy and quick for the dunk but he has to develop elsewhere. I think he will develop but 5years from now.

Also FYI:

Theo Ratliff 214

Meyers Leonard 215

Kevin Garnett 217

Larry Sanders 217

Nazr Mohammed 221

Joakim Noah 223

Camby 223

Marcin Gortat 225

Dikembe Mutombo 228

Wait just read this:

Kevin Garnett – 217 lbs, 6’11", 19 yo

Larry Sanders – 217 lbs, 6’10", 21 yo

Marcus Camby – 223 lbs, 6’11", 22 yo

Joakim Noah – 223 lbs, 6’10.5", 22 yo

Chris Bosh – 225 lbs, 6’10.5", 19 yo

Marcin Gortat – 225 lbs, 6’11", 21 yo

Dikembe Mutombo – 228 lbs, 7’1.25", 24 yo

…and the list goes on

So you have a list of solid-to-great players, who no longer get bullied in the paint because gasp! people with nothing to do but lift weights put on weight. And MOST of which already had 2-3 more years of college weight training on them?

That's comparing apple's to oranges though

Kevin Garnett had/has a jump shot and didn't have to make his living in the post as where Noel will be required to stay down low because he can't shoot worth a damn.

On top of that, every player on that list besides Mutumbo were more offensively polished than Noel.

We honesty wouldn't be having this conversation if Noel had an offensive game as he would be the consensus number one overall pick.

Weight is something Noel can gain, an offensive game; might not be so easy.

We've already seen how difficult it has been for Biz to develop an offensive game (and they are about the same age) and to me they have very similar offensive games. However when a lot of people stopped watching last year (last month or so), they missed Biz hitting some 13-15 foot jump shots; something that Noel does not currently have in his arsenal.

Skinny-weak at Small fwd or Guard Ok.

Skinny-weak at Power Fwd or Center..not OK.

Like Koolkat said the skill set of Garnett and Anthony Davis(who was a guard before) is different than Noel.

Noel is closer to an in between of Joel Anthony n Camby. Neither are close to a 4th pick even if without a knee injury.

He is a nice guy and quick for the dunk but he has to develop elsewhere. I think he will develop but 5years from now.

Ninja I can't give him that. He already having problems with his legs before he tries to add more weight and Muscle.

Look at how he lands. Does he ever come down gently or normal. It looks like he'll twist a ankle every time he comes down from a block or dunk.

I just don't see him making it.

Beyond the fact that he has Kevin Durrant body but plays like Dwight Howard. Which is a bad combination to start. He is already have leg problems at 206. What happens to his legs at 230-235?

That's comparing apple's to oranges though

Kevin Garnett had/has a jump shot and didn't have to make his living in the post as where Noel will be required to stay down low because he can't shoot worth a damn.

On top of that, every player on that list besides Mutumbo were more offensively polished than Noel.

We honesty wouldn't be having this conversation if Noel had an offensive game as he would be the consensus number one overall pick.

Weight is something Noel can gain, an offensive game; might not be so easy.

We've already seen how difficult it has been for Biz to develop an offensive game (and they are about the same age) and to me they have very similar offensive games. However when a lot of people stopped watching last year (last month or so), they missed Biz hitting some 13-15 foot jump shots; something that Noel does not currently have in his arsenal.

1. Not to mention that most of the players were either true centers, had a frame they can add more weight without losing explosiveness, or were role player that you wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on.

2. If your frame is right. You can add more weight. But Kevin Durrant at 225-235 can still be quick and fast and explosive. Put another 10 to 15 pounds on that and he won't be the same player.

3. I still believe Biz has more upside do to already having a NBa Body and a better touch on his jump shot and hooks.

Archived