• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1: Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke

King Taharqa

I got accpeted to UNC but decided to go to Johnson & Wales in Charleston insted. So I get to bitch.

Ive got to keep bringing up that Im glad we drafted Henderson. Grant Hill was one of my favorite players in NBA for a long time. My uncle rescued Christian Laettner when his jet ski ran out of gas in Emerald Isle about 15 years ago. He could have left him for dead, I would have. I doubt anybody would have notcied.

For those people crying about why was Hansbrough in the game that late with that kinda lead. Why was Henderson on the floor? I mean the game was over wasnt it? Why not have in the rest of the scrubs?

Im as big of a Carolina homer as they come but we are talking about the NBA, not Henderson getting a transfer to Carolina. IM STOAKED THEY DRAFTED HIM!

Agreed, you're alliance to the school should be strong, but if you pull for a pro team. You cheer your players, if they draft a duke player so what. They felt like he was the best player at that spot for what they needed.

I think he will end up being one of the 10 best players taken in this draft. So I'm glad they picked him.

I will also be watching some pacer games just to see how Hansbrough does. Not cheering, but I'll watch and wish him great success. Unless the Pacers are playing the Cats.

People that are complaining about this because he's a duke player are just as bad as those that complained about the Bobcats drafting Heels.

No this isn't even close to the same. The Bobs drafted Heels because they thought it was cute and would bring in fans. They passed on opportunities at better players to take Felton and May, both players that looked like crap until Felton improved to be an adequate player last year.

No one that is bitching about the Henderson pick is talking about Henderson's physical flaws or game inadequacies. That should tell you all that you need to know.

BTW, in five years, the best ACC player out of this draft will be James Johnson.

Archived