• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT Looks At Peppers Deal

Skew

The Panthers didn't fire one single coach this off-season, so I don't see how you can claim that they made changes based on what Peppers wants. It seems that everybody is forgetting that Trgovac turned the Panthers down, not the other way around.

The Panthers didn't fire one single coach this off-season, so I don't see how you can claim that they made changes based on what Peppers wants. It seems that everybody is forgetting that Trgovac turned the Panthers down, not the other way around.

Love you man, but that's debatable. We'll never know the truth, but that was likely a force-out in my eyes...

Love you man, but that's debatable. We'll never know the truth, but that was likely a force-out in my eyes...

Do you honestly feel though we'd make all these changes over Peppers? Maybe it has more to do with our defensive talent being squandered by a defensive line coach who had shown he can't handle the responsibilities of being a coordinator.

you are not that naive.....not even at the cost of whatever you think the prize is for "winning" this debate

Do you honestly feel though we'd make all these changes over Peppers? Maybe it has more to do with our defensive talent being squandered by a defensive line coach who had shown he can't handle the responsibilities of being a coordinator.

maybe. maybe a whole hell of a lot of things.

changes were made that it is unclear ever would had peppers not been at odds with the FO and the moajority of the changes concerning the defense stand to play in his favor this season.

deny it....please.

you actually ARE that naive in all probability though so it won't matter anyway.

Nothing to do with Peppers, nothing at all. All I mentioned was the Trgo deal, I didn't say a word about the others or Peppers for that manner. But yes, I see the Trgo deal as being a force out, can't prove it, and you can't prove it's not true, we'll never know. The amount of crap Trgo got from the fans, Fox supposedly "getting involved" with the defense, I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that Trgo was given a chance to resign - to take a demotion by the way...

you are not that naive.....not even at the cost of whatever you think the prize is for "winning" this debate

Naive hell. If they really didn't want Trgo back, it would have been a simple thing to go ahead and fire him. The fans sure as hell wouldn't have been complaining. There was no need whatsoever for subterfuge.

As far as winning this debate, it's very simple...Peppers wanted out, but he didn't get it. Therefore, the Panthers won. The money was there all along.

Nothing to do with Peppers, nothing at all. All I mentioned was the Trgo deal, I didn't say a word about the others or Peppers for that manner. But yes, I see the Trgo deal as being a force out, can't prove it, and you can't prove it's not true, we'll never know. The amount of crap Trgo got from the fans, Fox supposedly "getting involved" with the defense, I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that Trgo was given a chance to resign - to take a demotion by the way...

I just don't believe for one second that Jerry Richardson would operate that way. They shot straight with Henning, and I have no reason to believe that he would change the way he does business, based on the demands of one player, who we don't even know if he made those demands in the first place.

I don't even think it's actually important to know or ever determine if he effected change when you see that there is change and that change (on paper) stands to benefit him on the field unless it's all a smoke screen to get him signed (unlikely). Knowing this is to know that he has not "caved" or "lost" which are the key elements by posters today that I am really finding hilarious. He is returning to something that is NOT what he said he wanted out of. And like I said, the elements that make the situation that he wanted to leave and the situation he has agreed to return to different have a very high probability of effecting him directly and his game on Sundays.

Would it all have changed had he not uttered a peep...I dunno

Would none of it have changed had he not spoken up....I dunno

..but its different regardless. It changed. It changed into what is likely his favor too and it is more than merely plausible that he had an effect on it.

Naive hell. If they really didn't want Trgo back, it would have been a simple thing to go ahead and fire him. The fans sure as hell wouldn't have been complaining. There was no need whatsoever for subterfuge.

As far as winning this debate, it's very simple...Peppers wanted out, but he didn't get it. Therefore, the Panthers won. The money was there all along.

He wanted out of what was there. Evidently they have made enough changes for him to be happy now. Don't dismiss it so quickly please.

maybe. maybe a whole hell of a lot of things.

changes were made that it is unclear ever would had peppers not been at odds with the FO and the moajority of the changes concerning the defense stand to play in his favor this season.

deny it....please.

you actually ARE that naive in all probability though so it won't matter anyway.

You're grasping at straws. How does changing to a Tampa-2 defense have anything to do with Pep wanting to play in a 3-4? The changes we made were because our defense wasn't working. Period.

If they fired Trgo it would have looked badly upon him and hurt him elsewhere, my guess is that they basically offered him a "contract" to make it look as if he was still wanted but he left of his own volition therefore helping his chances of getting a job elsewhere.

And for your second point, you're exactly right. Pep had the money available to him from last season.

As for Pep and the whole Trgovac nonsense, Trgovac's contract was offered BEFORE Peppers made the statements that he might not want to return here. On top of that we hired Meeks just days after Trgovac left. That was before Peppers said ANYTHING about wanting to play in a different defense.

I just don't believe for one second that Jerry Richardson would operate that way. They shot straight with Henning, and I have no reason to believe that he would change the way he does business, based on the demands of one player, who we don't even know if he made those demands in the first place.

You are making the assumption that they made a demand for him to resign based on demands from one player, I never have, never. It is a normal business process to allow an employee to opt to resign rather than be embarrassed by being fired, what's so hard to believe? Again, I didn't say that happened, none of us will ever know, but I suspect it to be the case, again, not about Peppers, but the overall defense last year. And again, just a thought, not an accusation...

You're grasping at straws. How does changing to a Tampa-2 defense have anything to do with Pep wanting to play in a 3-4? The changes we made were because our defense wasn't working. Period.

it's not that simple BranDONE. you cannot oversimplify things and try to make a point that way. Are you actually claiming that the changes on defense will not have an effect on the ability for Pep to do what he wants to do as a pass rusher or are you saying that had peppers remained silent we definitely would have reached (quite possibly too far) for an undersized DE in the 2nd round by sacrificing next year's first?

I mean you haven't made a whole hell of a lot of sense today but I am hoping since you can type the posts and make completes sentences most of the time that you are not dumb enough to stand behind the true meaning behind your post when someone calls out your oversimplification tactic of relating two unrelated facts about the situation.

I mean it sounds good and maybe makes sense to you but Pepwanting to go to the 3-4 for the reasons he expressed has nothing to do with what the name of the scheme you have given to Meeks' defense.

not even a nice try...quite poor actually.

Archived