• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please No Psyco-Analysis of Cam's Game. Panthers won!

FootballMaestro

You call me a moron? Have you not pied my posts before? No need to get personal. I don't give a flip if double coverage was designed or not. Two defenders that close within striking distance is what it is.

Look, I get what you're saying. There were a lot of flaws in this game. But you're way off on where you're directing that ire.

Look, I get what you're saying. There were a lot of flaws in this game. But you're way off on where you're directing that ire.

The flaws are what concern me.  This was a home game coming off a road win and on a streak.  I see the score, but am concerned about playing this type of football against better teams.  That will not cut it.  That's all I am saying.  I love Cam as our franchise QB and Luke as our D leader.  I don't like mistakes...ever, whether I make them or the team does.  I am wrong about that one INT, I stand corrected, but I saw a lot of slop that did not go down well.

PS - Those third and short pass play calls were crazy too.

Don't use me as your example.  I routinely post objective opinions and am not overly critical, but I ain't a homer.  Cam should not be making these sorts of bad decisions like throwing into OBVIOUS double coverage (toss it away instead).  Nor should he be throwing so many high balls, especially the short passes.  Given his height and arm length, there's no excuse for that now.  He needs to improve on those areas and move consistently in the right direction to join the elite.  Don't get your panties in wad because people see room for him *and the team as a whole) to get better.  That is how winners become winners.  I say again: those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.  Do you not think these issues will come up in the film room tomorrow?

Enjoy the W, Cam is getting better but Shula and Cam did get from the previous 3 games strategy a bit.  Basically, in the pure pocket pass mode, Cam goes for the kill shot too early and forces a few balls or takes too much risk, the 2nd Int for example...guys in the league are just too good...that was one helluva INT.

I'm not sure if he'll ever be elite but he's definitely getting better.

The flaws are what concern me.  This was a home game coming off a road win and on a streak.  I see the score, but am concerned about playing this type of football against better teams.  That will not cut it.  That's all I am saying.  I love Cam as our franchise QB and Luke as our D leader.  I don't like mistakes...ever, whether I make them or the team does.  I am wrong about that one INT, I stand corrected, but I saw a lot of slop that did not go down well.

PS - Those third and short pass play calls were crazy too.

62%, a couple of TDs, nice play by the D when needed and some obvious mistakes.  I think smitty has lost a step or two and Cam will have to dial it down a bit in his direction.

What I find so funny about the endless Cam critique are those who seiously believe their desire to find fault with him is a good thing. But it seems more inline with their own pessimistic attitude.

Guess what...The average ints in most of the games today was 2. Cam is playing as good as the other qbs. I don't get why some of you simply hate your QB so much. A QB who is taking this team to places they haven't seen since 2008. And please don't tell me it's the defense because the defense didn't put up 34 points.

What I find so funny about the endless Cam critique are those who seiously believe their desire to find fault with him is a good thing. But it seems more inline with their own pessimistic attitude.

Guess what...The average ints in most of the games today was 2. Cam is playing as good as the other qbs. I don't get why some of you simply hate your QB so much. A QB who is taking this team to places they haven't seen since 2008. And please don't tell me it's the defense because the defense didn't put up 34 points.

Past 3 games Defense has scored 12 points.

Archived