Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

Obama could be impeached!

Anybodyhome    4,682

What you believe the constitution says or allows and what I believe it says or allows can be two different things.  Many parts of the constitution are vague and open to interpretation and in fact I believe that is the way the authors intended it to be.  That is why we have a Supreme Court to decide these things, and most people who say that the Constitution is being ignored tend to ignore or be unaware of the long list of decisions that the SC has handed down. 

And the Supreme Court now has a political bias as well, which again does nothing to provide for an objective interpretation of the Constitution. And lately, the SC has shown themselves to be so completely our of touch with reality, their decisions have been head-scratching... case in point, the SC gutting the Voting Rights Act and essentially claiming racism is a non-factor in this country.

MadHatter    9,501

And the Supreme Court now has a political bias as well, which again does nothing to provide for an objective interpretation of the Constitution. And lately, the SC has shown themselves to be so completely our of touch with reality, their decisions have been head-scratching... case in point, the SC gutting the Voting Rights Act and essentially claiming racism is a non-factor in this country.

While you are correct, your own words above indicated why.  Any time there is interpretation, a person's biases/views/beliefs are always going to factor into how they see/interpret something......as it is not usually a clear cut issue that needs interpreting.

Anybodyhome    4,682

While you are correct, your own words above indicated why.  Any time there is interpretation, a person's biases/views/beliefs are always going to factor into how they see/interpret something......as it is not usually a clear cut issue that needs interpreting.

Yes, but as the Supreme Court is just that- a court- and is to function as a legal entity entrusted with the legal interpretation of cases they decide to hear, I fear too many SC decisions are political interpretations and not necessarily legal.

Davidson Deac II    4,205

And the Supreme Court now has a political bias as well, which again does nothing to provide for an objective interpretation of the Constitution.

When has the court not had a political bias?  They are human, therefore they are going to have some kind of bias. We don't have a perfect system by any means and never will. 

But remember, they aren't really deciding what is right or wrong, but what is constitutional or legal.  Sometimes, the two don't necessarily match. 

• Pie 3

Marc Anthony    946

Bush didn't get impeached for torturing them, would be a sad statement on the US if Obama got impeached for releasing them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So Bush personally went down there and tortured the prisoners? Wow, didn't know that. Now that Obama has released them, if they go and kill Americans and who's fault will that be? One has already said he is going back to the war front. Obama will be responsible. Plain and simple.

Marc Anthony    946

Obama, worst President we have had in a long time, makes Bush look like a hero. All the scandals, all the lies, surprised he is not impeached yet. Forward! and Hope and Change!, yea ok, Lol!!!!

thatlookseasy    607

So Bush personally went down there and tortured the prisoners? Wow, didn't know that. Now that Obama has released them, if they go and kill Americans and who's fault will that be? One has already said he is going back to the war front. Obama will be responsible. Plain and simple.

Well, according to the reasoning in your first sentence, that would be... the guys who took them out of their cells?  Or maybe the pilots who flew them out of Cuba?

IDK, your logical progression is atrocious

• Pie 3

Captroop    2,550

Obama, worst President we have had in a long time, makes Bush look like a hero. All the scandals, all the lies, surprised he is not impeached yet. Forward! and Hope and Change!, yea ok, Lol!!!!

Aww, you poor, poor thing. I'd take the time to give thoughtful response to this, but if you are actually defending the Bush presidency by any measure (even going so far as to suggest the Bush presidency had fewer "scandals and lies") then it just belies your myopic political perspective. So you're opinion is really nothing more than "cute," and therefore doesn't merit a rebuttal.

• Pie 1

Darth Biscuit    12,499

Aww, you poor, poor thing. I'd take the time to give thoughtful response to this, but if you are actually defending the Bush presidency by any measure (even going so far as to suggest the Bush presidency had fewer "scandals and lies") then it just belies your myopic political perspective. So you're opinion is really nothing more than "cute," and therefore doesn't merit a rebuttal.

demotivational-posters-change.jpeg

• Pie 6

Captroop    2,550

demotivational-posters-change.jpeg

That's actually a pretty fair photoshop. Better than the one from Kanye and Kim's wedding that shows them standing on an altar instead of the pile of dead babies.

• Pie 1

pstall    5,759

So why no viable third party had emerged?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Captroop    2,550

So why no viable third party had emerged?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Because they don't have the hundreds of millions of dollars needed to fritter away on attack ads and otherwise finance an election campaign?

TheRed    17,979

Awfully close.

Both of these men were terrible Presidents.

Only one of them started two lengthy wars in the middle east. Obama has his flaws, but Bush is in a whole different category all his own.

• Pie 1

ecu88    6,966

Why in the hell is John bringing charges now. What a pandering gigantic douchebag! He is just grandstanding just to ensure his position during election season. If I was where his district is, I would vote Democrat in a heartbeat. I hate the Establishment.

*edited

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app