Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lois Lerner vs Richard Nixon

167 posts in this topic

Posted

They used Netbackup? That explains it.

Posted

Having been charged at times with managing an existing backup infrastructure, there are a lot of reasons backups are not retrievable. On several occasions I've been asked to retrieve users emails and it's not always successful. We use a great backup system where I work but it's not really a feasible solution for a giant Exchange system.

It's also possible that if IT allows an incorrect setting, Outlook can download mail to a computer, and delete it on the server if the user requests that.

That being said, it could be a criminal matter - for the IT management, not for the end user.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/06/17/how-the-irs-lost-lois-lerners-e-mails/10695507/

This story describes how it can happen - and I can tell you that it's all stuff that happens on a regular basis in private or government systems -  and has this forgotten gem:

The George W. Bush White House was found to be missing 5 million e-mails when congressional investigators investigated the dismissal of eight U.S. attorneys.

Posted

It's refreshing to know that if you don't have actual information you can just make up your own.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

Cwg you cant with a straight face admit this isnt shady? Basically Team Lerner is saying the dog ate their homework.

A grown adult is using a middle school excuse. You these files are being scrubbed while delaying this so when the files appear they are essentially redacted.

If there is a level above shill you are the friggin champion. Lol. Wow man.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

I see you have never been involved in the real world of email backups and user policy.

Once again this would require a coordinated effort of IT staff, management, and the end user - another conspiracy theory to throw in with all the others. Perhaps if the right had not spent the past 6 years crying wolf it would get more attention. They article I read did say 27000 emails from her were obtained from other peoples accounts but thats not mentioned around here either.

Posted

What do you mean? This is exactly how innocent people behave. Of course there's nothing to see here. We already shredded everything.

Posted

I know about email back ups.

Do you think it would be acceptable if BofA used the email crash trick ahead of its mortgage settlement lawsuit?

Posted

Teacher, my computer ate my homework....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I know about email back ups.

Do you think it would be acceptable if BofA used the email crash trick ahead of its mortgage settlement lawsuit?

You are assuming it's a trick with zero evidence to back your claim up.

If it's a trick then it's unacceptable, I don't understand why you think I would believe otherwise.

Posted

Yeah wall street company. We know you have to adhere to NASD and SEC rules and you have to have a principal sign off and review EVERY communication that goes out and I know you guys have filters and email rules in place to quarantine emails but now the IRS.....nah. No controls here. Hilarious.

Posted

You are assuming it's a trick with zero evidence to back your claim up.

If it's a trick then it's unacceptable, I don't understand why you think I would believe otherwise.

The question isnt motive or trick.

Today would Congress or the media accept a banks answer of email crash?

Simple question.