Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurt Warner a Hall of Famer?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i read an inaccurate source.

I'm simply using your metrics to say Stabler is a hofer. More ints than TDs? So did every qb who played in the 70s. Eras.

I also mentioned the redskins. And the Cardinals didn't have cliff branch (who deserves hof over lynn swann 3x over)

So great stories are HoFers? Marques colston should be in then. Induct Rudy while we're at it. Is it the Hall of Stories? What is this poo you keep saying about the hall of stats? A HoFer dominates for several years. Your boy dominated one year maybe two. Quit being so butthurt cause i don't think he's as good as you do. As much as you guys bash Ryan for having amazing weapons so did Warner.

Jesus he's a great QB but not HoF. Sorry. Just because someone disagrees doesn't mean you have to have a coronary.

Either way it's a stupid argument cause the HoF is a sham.

By Hall of Stats, I'm saying the hall is about more than stats. Warner changed the way scouts do their jobs. He passed for 4000 yards before further rule changes to boost the passing game. He was bagging groceries less than a year before he was league MVP. He took two perennial loser teams to the Super Bowl.

Had he retired after his injury, I would see him as you see him: a flash in the pan who peaked early. It was his 2008/2009 performances, combined with his early years, that make him HOF material in my eyes.

Posted · Report post

By Hall of Stats, I'm saying the hall is about more than stats. Warner changed the way scouts do their jobs. He passed for 4000 yards before further rule changes to boost the passing game. He was bagging groceries less than a year before he was league MVP. He took two perennial loser teams to the Super Bowl.

Had he retired after his injury, I would see him as you see him: a flash in the pan who peaked early. It was his 2008/2009 performances, combined with his early years, that make him HOF material in my eyes.

Fair enough. I mean i could see both sides. I love his story. 

Posted · Report post

Why is this even a question?

Absolutley!

Posted · Report post

Not to mention he was still lightin' it the hell up before he retired.

His last few games were something fierce!

Posted · Report post

He'll get in on the first ballot. He works for the NFL Network. Name one person who works for that network and not made the FHoF on their first try?

Posted · Report post

the last few yrs, the hall has let a few head scratchers in...ricky jackson? warren sapp? I think warner will get in. above average career, sb win, and all around great back story. also think, plunkett, stabler and phil simms deserve it too. all had sb wins, and all around winners. simms never had anybody to throw to. still had 199 tds. 

Posted · Report post

Cliff branch not being in is a travesty.