Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Kelvin Benjamin - Aside from the touchdown....

Carolina Panthers Kelvin Benjamin NFL

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#61 Celt

Celt

ROOKIE

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

"In the popular two bills forums I frequent there isn't even one thread about Gilmore getting beat, there isn't much of a mention at all" Hmmm what's this? http://boards.buffal...lmore-got-burnt

#62 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

bills fan, 

stop shitting up this nice thread

fug off,

rum.

#63 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

I'm a narcissist

Well there we have it

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

#64 Barry McCaulkinor

Barry McCaulkinor

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

"In the popular two bills forums I frequent there isn't even one thread about Gilmore getting beat, there isn't much of a mention at all" Hmmm what's this? http://boards.buffal...lmore-got-burnt

Looks beat to poo to me. Beat so bad Gilmore has to commit a blantant PI that results with KB on the ground. He still makes the catch. 

pyiW1v1.jpg

#65 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

I still dont get how he even saw that ball.

#66 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm not sure what you're saying, I guess I don't have time but will take time to check this. I'm not sure how you're bringing Crotchery in to this because he was not a Panther last year.

Anyway, the Panthers had 6 more yards passing then Buffalo in 2013. That spun my head. We started scrubs at QB for 6 games and Manuel didn't exactly look flashy. Sure, you had your best guys put up more numbers but your TE had more yards then your WR, just like Buffalo. Now your number 1 WR is gone and a new rookie takes over.

YOU are the one over on our board claiming our WRs outside Kelvin can't catch a cold. Cotchery was brought up simply bc his abilities have nothing to do with what jersey he wore last year.

Carolina was 12-4 last year.....sitting on leads and running the clock out. LOL....you aren't going to get big raw pass numbers considering that. If you want to look at how good the offenses were....look at how the teams did Per offensive drive. Carolina was 11th in yards per drive.....Bills 26th. Carolina 10th in pts per drive, Bills 25th. What that tells you is we didn't touch the ball a lot but when we did where on of the better offenses when we did

As far as last year, Smith was a 1 in name. Olsen got more yards and Cam got scrubs like Ginn and LaFell in the endzone more than 89. Smith wasn't a 1....that isn't what a one means or does for a team.

#67 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

YOU are the one over on our board claiming out WRs outside Kelvin can't catch a cold. Cotchery was brought up simply bc his abilities have nothing to do with what jersey he wore last year.

Carolina was 12-4 last year.....sitting on leads and running the clock out. LOL....you aren't going to get big raw pass numbers considering that. If you want to look at how good the offenses were....look at how the teams did Per offensive drive.

As far as last year, Smith was a 1 in name. Olsen got more yards and Cam got scrubs like Ginn and LaFell in the endzone more than 89. Smith wasn't a 1....that isn't what a one means or does for a team.

How did you think kb looked last night getting off the line besides the insane td catch?

#68 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

How did you think kb looked last night getting off the line besides the insane td catch?

I thought for his first live action he looked pretty dang good.

Not sure he was really challenged though at the line that much though. 3rd game probably will give us the best picture of where he is. But if he gets downfield I don't see most CBs having much of a chance

#69 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGeorgia
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Kb is beast but at this rate he will be getting doubled, I hope Jericho and company can step it up when good teams double kb......if not were fugged

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#70 Madwolf

Madwolf

NOT NEWB

• LocationLouisville, KY
ROOKIE

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

It's hard not to be impressed with Optimus Prime last night. The guy was simply impressive last night. He man-handled the guys covering him at the line, and the touchdown catch was worthy of the #1 spot on Top Plays for the week. If you're going to try and deny that you're simply wrong, and you're not worth trying to convince otherwise.

Cotchery was also pretty damn impressive for in limited action last night as well. He was catching passes that would have been drops by LaFell and Ginn, who he was essentially brought into replace. 

I'm not so sure that either Cotchery or Prime can replace Smith's production yardage wise individually, but I think as a team they beat out LaFell and Smith in yardage and TDs, as well as opening up the field more for Olsen. I think that trio is hard to beat for any NFL defense.

The biggest question mark is the slot WR, and I really believe that's currently a battle between Avant, Bersin, and King. I would love to see Bersin win that job, but King was no push over last night. Plus Bersin had Pickle lite throwing to him last night.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Kelvin Benjamin, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users