Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

Newsflash CC: Rape Culture is Alive and Well in America

Teen convicted in Steubenville rape back on HS football team

"I wanted to be shocked, but I think we all knew it was bound to happen. . . . Steubenville City Schools hasn’t really done a lot in the past two years to prove to the world that they don’t tolerate rape culture and allowing a Tier II registered sex offender on the team pretty much solidifies the assumption that they are concerned about wins rather than the safety of young girls or the destruction of rape culture in their area."

Numerous adults and educators were charged for their alleged roles in the case, including a volunteer football coach sentenced to 10 days in jail for making false statements and enabling underage drinking. A wrestling coach was sentenced to 20 hours of community service for failing to report the rape. In an unrelated case, Steubenville superintendent Michael McVey, 51, has been charged with felony and misdemeanor counts related to alleged evidence tampering, obstructing justice, and falsification and obstructing official business in relation to an earlier alleged unreported rape.

http://www.foxsports...offender-081214

#77 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,356 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

And you're a guy blaming women for getting raped. When women talk about rape culture, you're a big part of it.

Fact is women can much more easily be overpowered in general by guys and therefore, according to your victim blaming ways, must be much more aware than men as it could happen anytime.

It seems on here "people need to take responsibility for things happening to them" translates to "It's not just my fault I'm an asshole."

It's like you didn't read what I said at all then just decided to poo post like you always do.

Bad straws are lame yo. Fix that

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#78 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,960 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:22 AM

This forum is already a better place without that panda poster

Oh and he looks like a zach galfianakas inbred brother that should have had a bit part in "the campaign" so surprisingly enough he actually has someone that wants his dick inside them. Wow. Life is a crazy trip.

Edited by TheRumGone, 13 August 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#79 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,058 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

This forum is already a better place without that panda poster

Oh and he looks like a zach galfianakas inbred brother that should have had a bit part in "the campaign" so surprisingly enough he actually has someone that wants his dick inside them. Wow. Life is a crazy trip.

i could never quite get a handle on that guy. some days i liked him, some days not

#80 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,960 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

i could never quite get a handle on that guy. some days i liked him, some days not

He's always been annoying to me and little substance

#81 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,039 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

I've talked to him a little on here and via DM on twitter and he seems like a nice enough dude...  not sure what happened in here?

#82 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

wait, Panda was banned? What happened?

#83 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Back on topic....

I think one large reason for so many sexual assaults and sexual crime in particular is how we are a puritan society and have made the thought of sex so taboo.   So in a way, religion could be a negative factor here too.

Just think about TV.  They can show decapitations, gun fights, death, war, etc. with no impunity.

If they try to show a boob or anything like that, or a specific curse word, it's a no-no.

So we have people so full of violence because they are exposed to it and think it's normal (most don't act on it obviously) and those who think sex is so taboo and a weird thing which manifests weird thoughts and actions in brains (obviously not everyone acts or develops this).   It's one of the most natural things but we act like we are ashamed of it.  it really breeds things like this.  I think this is why more "open" cultures like maybe France and whatnot have less sexual crimes than we do. 

There are a lot of other factors I'm sure, but this has to be a big one.

#84 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,484 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

He's always been annoying to me and little substance

hey look at me i'm edgy

basically sums up every post

#85 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

Back on topic....

I think one large reason for so many sexual assaults and sexual crime in particular is how we are a puritan society and have made the thought of sex so taboo.   So in a way, religion could be a negative factor here too.

Just think about TV.  They can show decapitations, gun fights, death, war, etc. with no impunity.

If they try to show a boob or anything like that, or a specific curse word, it's a no-no.

So we have people so full of violence because they are exposed to it and think it's normal (most don't act on it obviously) and those who think sex is so taboo and a weird thing which manifests weird thoughts and actions in brains (obviously not everyone acts or develops this).   It's one of the most natural things but we act like we are ashamed of it.  it really breeds things like this.  I think this is why more "open" cultures like maybe France and whatnot have less sexual crimes than we do. 

There are a lot of other factors I'm sure, but this has to be a big one.

If you're talking about sheer exposure to nether regions...sure. 

But if you have small kids, you try sitting and watching any primetime sitcom at 8pm.  Even the ones I love are riddled with innuendo that any young teen is going to pick up on and be curious about.  It's in the face all the time in entertainment so I don't really know what you're expecting besides just a relaxed view towards a mild nudist showing in commercials and broadcast tv. 

As for other countries go, which ones are you talking about.  I can point to some countries that have extremely high incidents of sexual attacks and have no real qualms about expressing their sexuality on tv, in communities, etc. 

#86 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

religion is intertwined with the patriarchy, providing a theological justification for dumb bio-truthy poo like "men are to protect and provide" and "women are to bear children and lend support." men are individuals and women are property, which coincidentally explains the knee-jerk reactions and victim-blaming responses to rape.

#87 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Its interesting. When a woman is raped her character goes on trial. The same thing happens when a black male is murdered. Ahh. The perks of being a 2nd class citizen.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#88 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Its interesting. When a woman is raped her character goes on trial. The same thing happens when a black male is murdered. Ahh. The perks of being a 2nd class citizen.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

that's just a typical defense strategy....put the victim on trail so it makes the defendant look innocent, or at least put the doubt that the victim could have deserved it....always attack the crediblity of the person...

it pretty much happens in most murder trials, to all races and genders...hell on dateline the other night it was a trail of a white dude that killed another white dude, the victim was put on trail by the defense attorney...

Edited by -13 Amp-, 17 August 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#89 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,886 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Still amused at how "rape culture" may not be a thing...

I mean is it? Is rape really an expected norm within certain sects of peoples in our society? Personally when I see this "rape culture" terminology that is being used, I view it as an attempt to further divide and alienate the public from itself. The media likes to use every avenue possible to get the public fighting amongst each other; we see it on a regular basis. I mean look at all this Ferguson stuff that is going down. A human being gets shot and killed by a police officer, the media spins it into a race issue, and next thing you know everyone follows the narrative and the bickering and finger pointing begins.

It's disgusting how the media conditions people to react to certain situations.

Edited by venom, 17 August 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#90 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,058 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

rape: another false flag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com