• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Division opponents thread: Bucs, Falcons Saints news

and it starts with interesting news from NO.  Their once vaunted OL is now in shambles.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/03/saints-t-ryan-ramczyk-in-danger-of-missing-2024-season  

Saints T Ryan Ramczyk In Danger Of Missing 2024 Season

Offensive line is already a priority for the Saints, a team which has question marks on the blindside given Trevor Penning‘s struggles early in his career. Longtime starter Andrus Peat is unsigned, as are Cameron Erving and Max Garcia. Having Ramczyk unavailable for some or all of the upcoming season would add further to the urgency on New Orleans’ part to make multiple additions up front in the second wave of free agency and the draft.

The former first-rounder agreed to restructure his deal and lowered his cap hit to $12.86MM in the process. He is owed $6.5MM guaranteed for 2024 regardless of his health status, but a release or retirement could come into play next offseason without progress in his rehab. Ramczyk is under contract through 2026, and Underhill’s colleague Mike Triplett notes the team would incur $23MM in dead money in either development.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

and it starts with interesting news from NO.  Their once vaunted OL is now in shambles.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/03/saints-t-ryan-ramczyk-in-danger-of-missing-2024-season  

Saints T Ryan Ramczyk In Danger Of Missing 2024 Season

Offensive line is already a priority for the Saints, a team which has question marks on the blindside given Trevor Penning‘s struggles early in his career. Longtime starter Andrus Peat is unsigned, as are Cameron Erving and Max Garcia. Having Ramczyk unavailable for some or all of the upcoming season would add further to the urgency on New Orleans’ part to make multiple additions up front in the second wave of free agency and the draft.

The former first-rounder agreed to restructure his deal and lowered his cap hit to $12.86MM in the process. He is owed $6.5MM guaranteed for 2024 regardless of his health status, but a release or retirement could come into play next offseason without progress in his rehab. Ramczyk is under contract through 2026, and Underhill’s colleague Mike Triplett notes the team would incur $23MM in dead money in either development.

Profootballrumors has keep me informed on the NFC south for the last couple years. It's like what profootballtalk was 15 years ago. 

I still think falcons run away with it this year and next. But cousins has to show his age and injury haven't sat him back any. 

Panthers need lots of luck, great drafts, and young to be good....then maybe in 4 or so years they can take back the crown. 

30 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Profootballrumors has keep me informed on the NFC south for the last couple years. It's like what profootballtalk was 15 years ago. 

I still think falcons run away with it this year and next. But cousins has to show his age and injury haven't sat him back any. 

Panthers need lots of luck, great drafts, and young to be good....then maybe in 4 or so years they can take back the crown. 

I agree it's the Falcons to lose this year and probably the next.  There's too many things that must go right for the Panthers for them to be a serious threat this year at least. 

The Falcons must win the Division this year or things will get extremely uncomfortable for that coaching staff down there. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I agree.

Which of course means they will finish last.  🙂

You and I been around long enough to witness the chaotic NFC south, no team was safe and each year was pulling names out of the hat no matter the year before....

Not to say Id lay a heavy bet, but I feel this year, it will a easy road for falcons......but all it would take is arod jets cousins atl deal happen and who knows. 

I'd even say there's a 2% chance freaking Carolina shocks the world. Just like last year, dennis "mfing" Allen and Todd "In the" bowels are still coaching, somehow. I think that's one of best things caralas did, give bowels another year. Baker found himself (fluke best year??) and carr sucked, but hows Baker without the helping hands of canales??

I like morris last year for the Panthers and falcons have nearly everything needed minus a elite pass rusher. If they get Dallas turner and he's that dude(I think its high %), watch out they may sweep nfc south and go a couple rounds in the playoffs. They play tough. Then if cousins has a setback and Morris forgets defensive............and somehow Canales is a elite warlock COTY.....HAIL TO THE P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

You and I been around long enough to witness the chaotic NFC south, no team was safe and each year was pulling names out of the hat no matter the year before....

Not to say Id lay a heavy bet, but I feel this year, it will a easy road for falcons......but all it would take is arod jets cousins atl deal happen and who knows. 

I'd even say there's a 2% chance freaking Carolina shocks the world. Just like last year, dennis "mfing" Allen and Todd "In the" bowels are still coaching, somehow. I think that's one of best things caralas did, give bowels another year. Baker found himself (fluke best year??) and carr sucked, but hows Baker without the helping hands of canales??

I like morris last year for the Panthers and falcons have nearly everything needed minus an elite pass rusher. If they get Dallas turner and he's that dude(I think its high %), watch out they may sweep nfc south and go a couple rounds in the playoffs. They play tough. Then if cousins has a setback and Morris forgets defensive............and somehow Canales is an elite warlock COTY.....HAIL TO THE P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S

dominate the foe, bitches 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

On 3/26/2024 at 2:20 PM, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I don't want to hate on NO just because they are a division rivals.  I wish them all the luck and good fortune in the world in re-signing Cam Erving to a very lengthy and lucrative contract.

100% guaranteed money!

On 3/26/2024 at 3:54 PM, Basbear said:

I agree that we’re down bad, but if it takes 4 years to fix, then it’s never getting fixed.  Nobody gets 4 years.  Not the QB, not the Coach not the GM.  Nobody.

If we aren’t contending after 2 years we’ll see another reboot/rebuild and then another and another.  And this will reveal the true issue that we already know… It’s the owner.

• Beer 1

traditionally, the team you think will finish last comes up and wins it all...and they can do it with 9 wins because we suck as a division. a good bit of the time the team that finished last would finish first the next year and it was always someone different. 

it's always up for grabs.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

traditionally, the team you think will finish last comes up and wins it all...and they can do it with 9 wins because we suck as a division. a good bit of the time the team that finished last would finish first the next year and it was always someone different. 

it's always up for grabs.

I would rather have it this way than to have a winner crowned at the beginning of the season.

• Pie 2

I think it's Tampa or Atlanta. 

People forget how bad Morris was a HC. He wasn't a great interim either. The Rams defensive looked like garbage at times last season. He went and plucked his friend to be his DC (who hasn't really hit on much) and McVay's like 10th straight assistant to be his OC. Yeah they got Cousins but he's coming off an achilles and can't win a damn thing when it matters. They got a few guys yeah, but I just don't think Atlanta is going to do much. 

Bowles will keep the defense above average in Tampa, if Baker can do just 75% of what he did last year they have the division. 

Pre-Draft Thoughts:

Tampa: 8-9- Todd Bowles' cycle of .500 seasons with 1st round playoff exits continue.

Atlanta: 6-11- Very underwhelming compared to expectations.

Carolina: 6-11- Meh we can be competitive in most games.

New Orleans: 4-13- The old band finally collapses and they go full rebuild for the fist time in 20 or so years.

• Pie 1